Forum Members & Those W/ Kids - Get Educated On Vaccines

This is a discussion on Forum Members & Those W/ Kids - Get Educated On Vaccines within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard What rights? The right to foolishly not protect ourselves by rejecting the recommendations of public health officials? Be my guest. Don't ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Forum Members & Those W/ Kids - Get Educated On Vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    What rights? The right to foolishly not protect ourselves by rejecting the recommendations of public health officials?

Be my guest. Don't get vaccinated. Don't vaccinate your kid. Be one of those who complain about end of life costs while your kid lays there in pediatric intensive care. Then blame the kid's illness on a government conspiracy.

The law is quite clear that public health authorities and public school officials on advice of public health authorities have broad powers to insist that attendance is contingent on being vaccinated.

And, historically, these school folks have bent over backward to accommodate a wide array of personal objections.

No one is going to put a gun to anyone's head and force them to get vaccinated; not for this relatively mild disease. But, I do have to ask if not vaccinating your kid --and then the kid gets sick and dies-- isn't
    child abuse, negligent homicide, and all the other stuff to be found on the books somewhere.
    Ok Hoppy...let me try this one. I know it's a fake, hell would freeze over scenario but roll with this one.

Lets say that the government says that by putting you and your kids in a padded cell, while feeding you through a tube for the rest of your life, would prevent you from dying early or being shot in a home invasion, or dying of disease, (insert death of choice here), etc...

Now, you have the option to "opt out". So lets say you opt out. Two years later a drunk driver hops a curb and the car barrels through the front of the house airborne, kills the kid right there in the house.

Guess we should charge you with "hild abuse, negligent homicide, and all the other stuff to be found on the books somewhere"?

What's the difference?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Guess what. You do need the government to protect you from the swine flu.

Think about it.

Who is monitoring the strains of influenza that float about the earth and keeping track of their mutations/changes? DUH, Centers for Disease Control---THE GOVERNMENT.

Who determines which strains of influenza are used for making this next season's vaccine? Duh. THE GOVERNMENT.

If you do not get the vaccine you are still somewhat protected because millions of other people --perhaps 100 million will accept the vaccine and this will make you safer because these other 100 million people won't be spreading the infection to you. Thank you to the government.

There are no private companies with the resources to track the strains, determine for themselves which strains to make into vaccine, and market a vaccine without THE GOVERNMENT.

So go ahead and yell about the very folks who are doing their utmost to keep you safe. OOOOOOOH, The Government is soooooo bad.

You know what would happen if Uncle didn't run the vaccine program? Instead of 36,000 extra death each flu season there would be some very very considerable multiple of that number dead, maybe 10 fold or more. Do you think losing 360,000 people in a flu season would be a good thing? Are you certain you or your loved ones won't be one of those 360,000 dead bodies.

What about all the lost days at work for all the ill people? Do you think that has no price to society at large?

Oh, yeah, the government does such bad things. You'll show them. You don't need them to keep you safe. Sure. But, you will expect my insurance company, or my Medicare premiums, or my county tax dollars to pay for your hospitalization when you get sick and hospitalized. Right :-

Hate to tell you but you do need our government to protect you from yourself, whether you realize it or not. Your post proves the point.
    oooh the Government is the only one with resources to save us...again...back to a basic concept. WHY is the government the only one with the resources? Is it because they're some magical beast that always has the right answers? Or perhaps is it because they don't ALLOW a private corporation to get to that point? Monopoly laws anyone? Sucking off the Government provided tit anyone? What drug company is going to be able to support such a large undertaking when the government says "we can do it...just let us steal more money and we'll do it".
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

This might be a little off the direction of the current post but.

My wife who is a school/ER nurse told me that when they become available, the school system she works for will be offering swine flu shots for students who, with their parents consent will be available to them.

Kids are at the top of the priority list. Then you will be able to buy one at your local CVS to Wallgreens.

No mention of government goons coming to your house making you, at gun point, take the shot. But, do be on the look out just in case.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Administrator
    and on that happy note. Thread Closed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links