The joys of being a gun dealer

This is a discussion on The joys of being a gun dealer within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Slim_45 Great job "kdydak" on being a good judge of character I am not the dealer represented in this story (just to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The joys of being a gun dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_45 View Post
    Great job "kdydak" on being a good judge of character
    I am not the dealer represented in this story (just to make sure we are clear on this).

Just passing a worthy story to a larger audience.

2. Remove Ads

I think a majority of gun shops do make judgment calls on gun sales; I went to a seminar with BATFE when I worked at a gun shop, and the agents there said “any articulatable” suspicion was grounds to refuse a sale. Now in Missouri it is a misdemeanor to refuse a sale base solely on race so we walk a fine line.

I had a minority couple come in and she stood around bored to death while he looked at several different handguns, finally said “Let me think about it and I’ll be back”. Yea, I’ve heard that a million times. Well 2 days later she comes in alone (I was on the phone and did not see them pull in and can’t see the parking lot) walks up to the counter and says “I want a Glock 19” I ask about regular or night sights etc. she doesn’t know anything, just wants a Glock 19.

I have her fill out the 4473, check ID and phone it in and she passes, I then show her the question about actual purchaser and ask if it is for her boyfriend, which she denies, I ask if we walk to the parking lot will he be in the car, she says no. I tell her I will not complete the sale and to get out and never come back. As they drive out (with boyfriend in passenger seat) I get the license plate number and call a detective that was a regular in the shop and give him all the info.

The cops make a surprise visit the next day with his parole officer and find 3 firearms in the apartment; he had only been out 5 days and is on his way back. Feds never did do anything about her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links