Patti, Bunny and the other gals will love the irony in this! - Update

This is a discussion on Patti, Bunny and the other gals will love the irony in this! - Update within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by 1911PKR Well... The bad news is ya broke your ribs, the bad news is Mrs. GB is going to buy the best ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patti, Bunny and the other gals will love the irony in this! - Update

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    Well... The bad news is ya broke your ribs, the bad news is Mrs. GB is going to buy the best (and most expensive) electronic dryer YOUR $$ can buy, the other bad news is "you'll never live it down".

The good news is they have better pain drugs. (get some and don't breath for 3 three weeks) Heal up Soon! Oh sorry....hurts to laugh doesn't it?
    That's mean, but funny as hell. I bet Gunny Bunny even chuckled about that. Well tried to.............

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by llongshot View Post
    This should be the perfect time to lobby for some new toys. Lets see....4x4 with at a minimum 4 inch lift and 32 inch tires....electric over air scissor type deer stand mounted on a trailer....anything that would've got you up there with a full load of laundry that just might have some use in the fall. Hmmmmmm....just how far DID you fall and on which part of the old carcass did you land? I'm beginning to see some volunteer work with possible long term aquisitions entirely likely. By the way. Don't it hurt to laugh?
    Nice...hey by the way...isn't 32" supposed to be the minimum he would be upgrading from? Jump in the sandbox with both feet or don't bother playing. It's no fun with only 1 foot in.

GB:...try not to laugh...No comedy movies. It only makes it that much more painful(got experience points on this one).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

You have my pity. Cracked two ribs at a football game in a cold drizzle. Slipped on the wet bleachers. May have been due in part to a large Irish coffee.(it was cold).

Watched the second half, then tried to drive home. Made it three miles and pulled into an ER. Gave the Xray tech a fit with all the aluminum shavings stuck to me that showed in the film(built 737s back then). Doc laughed at me and said it would hurt like heck, and Lortab was all he could do.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

That sucks!! There are better ways of hurting yourself!

Whatever you do, dont mop the floor...

You poor, sweet man. What a prince to help by doing the laundry. You should rest and just let the "honey do" list take a life of it's own.
    I wouldn't make fun of you for doing a nice thing while the wife is rescuing dogs. I think your actions are as noble as hers and I bet she knows it. (And I think what she is doing is pretty darn noble.)
    Rest up and I hope you feel better soon....but give yourself time to heal.

(I tried to find a yellow person who looked like they were giving a motherly kiss on the head to another, but after looking at so many that I began to wonder if I was actually seeing yellow dots not on the screen...I gave up. So here is a motherly kiss on your forehead. I am sure the wife will do better by you when she returns.)
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    GB, get well soon. Stay away from heights above 2 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Since I have recently been domesticated(got married friday) I have learned many new things: the dryer is NOT the clean hamper,empty milk jugs do NOT go back in the fridge,leftover pizza is NOT a good breakfast for a 2 year old,but the number 1 capital crime of all time is leaving the toilet seat up!
    This is where I can learn from yalls mistakes.
    Hope you get better soon ...cause I need your dont do list!
    Mike, if you hate a house chore, tell your wife that you want to do it, embrace it and put all your energy behind it and..... screw the pooch big time. Repeat the whole process again and you will be forbidden by your wife to even attempt it anymore. However, do not try to bypass all house chores this way, save it for the really nasty ones. Otherwise she will either smell rat and kill you or think that her Mother was right when she told her she married an idiot indeed plus wonder if the single cute Dentist with the Mercedes and the condo in Boca Raton is still available. Take out the trash, feed the cats & clean the sand box...stuff like that.

Mrs. Miggy will kneecap me if I even lay my eyes on the washer or the dryer. Mission Accomplished!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    GB, get well soon. Stay away from heights above 2 feet.

Mike, if you hate a house chore, tell your wife that you want to do it, embrace it and put all your energy behind it and..... screw the pooch big time. Repeat the whole process again and you will be forbidden by your wife to even attempt it anymore. However, do not try to bypass all house chores this way, save it for the really nasty ones. Otherwise she will either smell rat and kill you or think that her Mother was right when she told her she married an idiot indeed plus wonder if the single cute Dentist with the Mercedes and the condo in Boca Raton is still available. Take out the trash, feed the cats & clean the sand box...stuff like that.

Mrs. Miggy will kneecap me if I even lay my eyes on the washer or the dryer. Mission Accomplished!
    GENIUS!!! Absolute genius!!!

Why didn't I think of that years ago!?!
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

VIP Member

Update!!

Well, I just got back from my doctor and it seems I did a better job on myself than I gave myself credit for.

I don't have just one cracked rib, I have FOUR!!

That would tend to "splain" why I'm in so much pain.

At least I got my meds bumped up a few notches. I got the special prescription with a serial number on it. I'm now on OXYCODONE, whatever the hell that is. I have a follow up appointment in two weeks. Until then, I'm sentenced to house arrest in my home theater.

Thanks for the support and sympathy. And for those that made me LOL, I do have a looooooong memory.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Ouch! No fun. It's been a long time since I broke anything and it wasn't nearly that bad.

One word of advice: be really careful about the drugs. My younger brother got hooked heavy on vicodin after just a week of regular use. He's never done any drugs in his life, doesn't smoke, etc. After two weeks he was lying to doctors to get more drugs. It was scary to watch.

Expect yourself to start rationalizing why you need more drugs. In my brother's case, withdrawal caused pain came back in the spot where he broke his foot, even after it had fully healed. He said that withdrawal was worse than the original injury.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Well, I just got back from my doctor and it seems I did a better job on myself than I gave myself credit for.

I don't have just one cracked rib, I have FOUR!!

That would tend to "splain" why I'm in so much pain.

At least I got my meds bumped up a few notches. I got the special prescription with a serial number on it. I'm now on OXYCODONE, whatever the hell that is. I have a follow up appointment in two weeks. Until then, I'm sentenced to house arrest in my home theater.

Thanks for the support and sympathy. And for those that made me LOL, I do have a looooooong memory.
    Oh damn, I hope you feel better soon, and I also hope your better half doesn't have a bone(rib) to pick with you.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Short term oxycodone use should not be a problem, but watch it just the same.

Remember to breathe, often rib fractures lead to pneumonia because patients 'guard' their breathing. Your Doc should have given you a breathing toy (spirometer) to play with.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Sticks and stones ...

When I was younger, friends and I did the ol' "operating room" skit when an older brother came home after having his appendix removed. He nearly busted a gut laughing, the poor guy. Little did we know how true that was.

Take care, while you heal. Remember, 6wks+, just like any other bones. Breakfast on the couch, bed sores, achey butt, no laughing, movies until you're weeping for the feel of sunshine on your cheek. You know. I feel for ya.

Just think. It could be worse.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    If you are going to laugh or sneeze take a pillow and wedge it under your arm (chicken dance style). Use your elbow to squeeze that pillow up against your ribs as hard as you can. This will help a little with the sneeze/laugh pain.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    the number 1 capital crime of all time is leaving the toilet seat up!
    Just whiz all over the seat a few times and she won't care if you leave it up anymore.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Thanks Everyone for your well wishes! Gunny Bunny is in lots of pain but he'll get better with time. I've taken a few days off to help take care of him. And I'll make sure he doesn't get hooked on the Vicodin.

For those wondering, our clothesline throne is a raised platform, 5 stair steps high, with the clothesline attached to a tree across the way. This came with the house. We do have an electric dryer but like to use the clothesline in the summer to cut down on the electric bill.

BTW, the dog rescue trip had some hang ups with missing paperwork for the puppies and border crossing problems with Canadian Customs so the puppies are now in rescue in Olympia, WA

I hate customs!!!

Thanks again everyone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links