Interview tomorrow at a Federal facility - Page 2

Interview tomorrow at a Federal facility

This is a discussion on Interview tomorrow at a Federal facility within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It is hard enough to fight the anti's without this kind of crap. If you go with a gun you will deserve whatever you get. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview tomorrow at a Federal facility

Unhappy

It is hard enough to fight the anti's without this kind of crap. If you go with a gun you will deserve whatever you get.

Armydad

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    You must be a college graduate.
    I've always been pretty smart in fact when I was a lad I was so bright all the men called me sunny.

Cheers,
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Take some advice; I work in the power industry so I do know something about the culture in a power plant. Leave your guns at home until you ace the interview and get the job. ONce you get on, you will find that 99% of the people you are now working with will be armed in some way shape or form. Eventually you will befriend the security personnel, even hang out with them, and once they get to know you, they will look the other way, and even give everybody a heads up for any random vehicle searches that may be on the way. That is what we do, and I promise you, we are for the most part a better armed power plant complex than most Nuclear plants in terms of sheer numbers of guns available.

So swallow your pride, get the job in the bag, and enjoy your new co-workers, they are rabid gun owners like us.....

P.S. I almost forgot to tell you; be absolutely truthful with them throughout the interview. Power Plants are falling under the new NERC security guidelines and they will have already run a background check on you through NCIC, the database managed by the FBI. So leave nothing out when they ask you about CHLs, arrests, etc no matter how trivial.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Guys, guys...
    Read the OP carefully. Exactly ended with "....or not."
    It may have been subtle, but even I got it was a joke!

Exactly: Tell them you have a note fro DC. THAT will work!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Guys, guys...
    Read the OP carefully. Exactly ended with "....or not."
    It may have been subtle, but even I got it was a joke!

Exactly: Tell them you have a note fro DC. THAT will work!
    Absolutely not. I am enjoying this too much.

Yes, yes, yes. It is a joke guys. I did add the "or not". As I told Hopyard in a PM, I may be crazy but I am NOT stupid. Come on. You don't see me open carrying when the President is visiting do you??
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Hey. I carry on a federal facility every day. Heck, if I don't, somebody will tell me to.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member

Re: Agave

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Hey. I carry on a federal facility every day. Heck, if I don't, somebody will tell me to.
    The rest of us don't belong to the same Union.

Good one. A few sucked that one up like Hoover Deluxe. Didn't think anyone was that anxious to be someone's girlfriend for five to ten.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    You know, I have to wonder how lax some of the fitness requirements are for contracted security guards at some of the plants I get deployed to... yeesh. Yeah, SOME sites do it right by having their own teams that are largely young, enthusiastic former mil, but the contracted guys seem (to me) to be overweight or overage police academy dropouts.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Just talked to the recruiter. We discussed the security of getting in to this facility. Apparently it is a metal detector followed by wanding and more if need be.

Dang. I am leaving my pocket knife and pepper spray in the car on the seat next to my firearm which will be in plain view. Heck. I will even put a sign up saying "Firearm on seat" next to my NRA and Impeach Obama stickers
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Just remember, there's no such thing as a Federal misdemeanor, whenever the Feds charge you, it's a felony.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

If it's a federal job then don't forget to wear your T-shirt that says:

"Guns don't kill people, postal workers do." Trust me, they'll love it.

VIP Member
    I think I'm about to have a new hero! ...and Darwin candidate!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Just talked to the recruiter. We discussed the security of getting in to this facility. Apparently it is a metal detector followed by wanding and more if need be.

Dang. I am leaving my pocket knife and pepper spray in the car on the seat next to my firearm which will be in plain view. Heck. I will even put a sign up saying "Firearm on seat" next to my NRA and Impeach Obama stickers
    Tell them if a full body cavity search isn't part of the daily routine you don't want to work for them!

<snip>...I may be crazy but I am NOT stupid. Come on. You don't see me open carrying when the President is visiting do you??
    You say that like it's a BAD thing. I just wish I have the huevos to do something like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links