Drat!

This is a discussion on Drat! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, my wonderful wife purchased a Saiga 12 gauge for me for my birthday. We had to ...

Thread: Drat!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Drat!

Well, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, my wonderful wife purchased a Saiga 12 gauge for me for my birthday. We had to order on line, and had it shipped to the gun store where I get all of my guns. We went there today to pick it up, and the guy behind the counter helping us asked my wife for her driver's license. Ok, good so far. He then asks the common question, "is this the correct address?". To which my wife responds that no, it isn't, the address on the receipt is. Unfortunately, he said that they were required to have the current address, and we couldn't pick up the gun. Not their fault. Now, we have been living in our house now for 3 years, and my wife has never bothered to get her address changed. I just couldn't believe it! So, tomorrow I have to take her to the DMV (I was going anyway to renew my license), and then go back to the gun store to get the gun. At least the DMV won't take too long. Yes, they have the miles long line that you have to wait in just to get your number to be served. The only advantage to being handicapped is that I can walk in and go to the handicapped line, which usually only has 0-2 people waiting. But at least I'll get the gun. I'm not mad at her, she's giving me a great present. Just a little annoying.

2. Remove Ads

My sympathy on the wait at DMV for your new licenses. I know what you go through even after going through the handicap lines. I had to bring my Dad a few years ago after he realized that he had misplaced his license. Even for the handicapped there is plenty of waiting. Dad was an amputee with most of his left leg removed as the result of a car accident back in Rhode Island.

One suggestion, you might want to arrive at DMV at least an hour or so before they open their doors. That's what I always do! Every time I've gone there very early I'm in & out in under an hour or so for my license. Even at the E. Sahara Ave location the wait should be minimal if you get their early enough.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Sorry about the gun fiasco. Your DMV sounds like ours.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    DMV another example of .... ooops almost went political

Bummer about your delay.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Well, we went to the DMV today. No way that I could get there before opening, Pikachu. My wife is a musician, and her schedule has her going to bed very late. Since I've been out of work all of 2009, I've adopted her schedule, and lately, I seem to be going to sleep around 4-5 am. Anyway, the initial wait in the handicapped line wasn't too bad. Of course, you then get a number to be called to the window where you actually get taken care of, and the wait was longer during that portion. But what was a real surprise, was that when we went up to the first window, and my wife said that she had to change her address, the person told her that in addition to the address change, her license expired in April! Good thing that she hasn't been pulled!. But, she was able to get everything taken care of with only a $10 late fee. After the photos were taken, I found out that the first of the year, Nevada stopped giving you the license there, and now they make you wait two weeks!. All I could think of was having to wait another 2 weeks for the Saiga. But, they did give us a paper license, to go with the old one for the photo, and we headed to The Gun Store. To my surprise, they accepted the paper license with no problem. So, after about a total of 30 minutes, everything including the background check was finished, and I was handed the Saiga. It's a beautiful gun, I can't wait for the new gun range to open so that I can shoot it. Also, I found that The Gun Store is also carrying the 12 round Saiga magazines, I believe for $67. So, once I can start earning money again, I'll head back and get several. But bottom line, I now have a wonderful new shotgun, to go along with the wonderful wife who gave it to me.

Oh, and BBQgrill, I understand your point. And, at the risk of a no no, I do tell people that if they want the government to run health care, just see how they run the DMV. Actually though, they did do a good job at the DMV today

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Alaska DMV is fast and easy, though I have not tried the one in Anchorage.

If you want a real mess up, try the BIA.

Congratulations on the shotgun, it's the one I've considered buying several times. Be sure to give us a range report, eh?

Links