Computer -Technical Question

This is a discussion on Computer -Technical Question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can anyone tell me how to burn YouTube video to a disc? I am using a 6 month old iMac. A few months ago I ...

Thread: Computer -Technical Question

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Can anyone tell me how to burn YouTube video to a disc? I am using a 6 month old iMac. A few months ago I downloaded a Youtube Video grabber,for mac, and that worked fine. Now it does not work. I am only interested in burning video for my private use and it is non copyrighted video,as far as I can tell. Somebody told me YouTube had changed the code on their site? I do not know what that means really. Any idea? I only want to do this if it is legal, Thanks ,Stuart.

You might try this sight:
    KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
    I don't use a Mac, but so far this has worked on all the youtube videos I've tried it on.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I don't use a Mac, but I have been very successful with downloads in the past using this site: Media Converter - the fastest free online audio and video converter

If you use Firefox, there are a couple add-ons you can add that allow you to rip video from youtube.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    The video hosting sites constantly change their code to prevent this sort of thing. It will work for a couple days or weeks, the code will change, then it will be a couple weeks or months for the downloader to catch up.

While your downloader may not always work, a screen capture program should do the trick every time.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Links