Vicks return to football +/- - Page 3

Vicks return to football +/-

This is a discussion on Vicks return to football +/- within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He served his time......Id rather Minnesota picked him up instead of Favre...

View Poll Results: Do you think Michael Vick should be allowed to return to professional football?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 35.79%
  • No

31 32.63%
  • No, He should be thied to a stake and ravaged by a pack of wild dogs.

30 31.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vicks return to football +/-

He served his time......Id rather Minnesota picked him up instead of Favre

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    I'm sorry if this seems harsh.

I think he should be banned for life. What kind of role model was he for kids?

There is no place for him in pro sports.
    Im really sick of this argument......Kids look up to him as an athlete and imitate his style of play, not kill dogs. Kids look up to David Ortiz and copy his batting stance, not shove needles in their arm. Its a very weak argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    Im really sick of this argument......Kids look up to him as an athlete and imitate his style of play, not kill dogs. Kids look up to David Ortiz and copy his batting stance, not shove needles in their arm. Its a very weak argument.
    But if they imitate him on field, what's to stop from imitating off field.

Sorry brother, but we pay these people millions to play a game, they should at least be a positive and not a negative on or off the field.

Would have loved to have been paid 1/4 of what these guys make while serving the country, but did it not for money.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I went for #3, even though it is less violent than my true feelings.

Exodus - Who likes animals more than people.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    If Vick wasn't a famous football player where do you
    think he would be right now?

Money and fame can get you out of a lot of things.
    Exactly. It is all about the dollars. Vick is just so sorry he got caught. I do not watch football. It is a business,not a sport.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I think a privately owned company should be able to hire pretty much whomever they choose. And, likewise, the customers of that company (football fans, in this case) should have the freedom to choose whether they purchase the product. It is worth mentioning that Michael Vick is not the only thug in pro football and there are, in fact, other things that one can do for entertainment.

When I watch sporting events, I enjoy watching teams made of 'good guys', regardless of their talent. But not everyone feels the same as me. If the NFL or a specific franchise ends up making a profit from Vick or any other thug, then they made a wise business choice. If they lose enough customers, maybe they will learn to be more careful in the choices required to make their products (the team and the league).

Personally, I hope the free market leaves Vick a penniless pauper, as poor in money as he is poor in principles. I hope that enough people stop watching football to make sure that the NFL gets the message. Somehow, I doubt that will ever happen in a day and age when teens and young adults glorify the 'thug' image, in music, in dress, and in lifestyle. But I do think that the NFL and its franchises should be the only ones to choose whether Vick is an employee.

Also, I would not complain if the people chose to increase the the jail time associated with dog fighting. As long as we don't start making crimes against animals equal in penalty to crimes against humans. Killing a dog is not the same as killing a man. Unless you are a member of PETA.

ETA: Complaining about Vick while still continuing to watch NFL football seems analagous to complaining about government while not bothering to vote. Vote by spending your dollars and time elsewhere.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I can't wait to hear the prison jokes the defense will be yelling at him.

I didn't vote since there wasn't a choice of:
    o - I couldn't give a flip one way or another.

There are more important things to be concerned about these days.
    Just my opinion.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I will respectfully refrain from posting any of my true feelings about Dick...I mean, "Vick," because it would warrant an immediate lifelong banning from this site if I said my piece.

And I adore dc.com.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    He did his time, now leave him alone. There are a lot of elitist hypocrites out there complaining about him. There are bigger issues within society.
    +1 Same here. He served his time as our judicial system handed it down. Why should he be prohibited from his chosen profession afterwards?

Then again, I'm probably on the opposite side of things from most folks here. I'm still perfectly fine with giving felons their guns back...circumstances depending of course .
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

No brainer, he paid for his mistakes. His debt to the criminal system is 0. And his crime had nothing to do with football.

Hide your Beagle! Vick's an Eagle!

He should be banned for life.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I am actually supprized to see such a close poll!! I voted yes. However, I havent really been following Vick. I do feel that he served his time and its time now to get back to work.

Well, I voted NO. He should not be allowed to play. However, I knew it was inevitable that he would return. Why? Because in the end, it's all about $$$ and only $$$.

There are a couple who are playing in the NFL who have been gigged for manslaughter while they were college players, so why on earth would Michael Vick be any different.

It isn't right, but it was inevitable. As soon as I heard he was only going to do 18 months, I knew he'd still be young enough to play and that he'd be back. After all, he has to have a chance to recoup all the money he lost and become a millionaire again, right?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, I voted NO. He should not be allowed to play. However, I knew it was inevitable that he would return. Why? Because in the end, it's all about $$$ and only $$$.

There are a couple who are playing in the NFL who have been gigged for manslaughter while they were college players, so why on earth would Michael Vick be any different.

It isn't right, but it was inevitable. As soon as I heard he was only going to do 18 months, I knew he'd still be young enough to play and that he'd be back. After all, he has to have a chance to recoup all the money he lost and become a millionaire again, right?
    It's sad that society has devolved to a point where such a high value is placed on professional athletes. I would not hire him to clean my septic tank, unless he jumps in head first.

In his interview he did not sound like a man who felt remorse or learned any lessons. He sounded more he was upset that anyone would have the audacity to question his actions.

I hope that the Eagles feel the backlash in their wallets over the signing of this monster.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

So let me get this straight. Vick is out of prision, free man. If he is not allowed to play football then what is to stop him from fighting dogs again? I say, let the man play football and hope he dont! I mean, football on one hand, dogs on the other. They are nothing alike. Vick does not need football to fight dogs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links