Upgrade to Firefox 3.5???

This is a discussion on Upgrade to Firefox 3.5??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't know about Chrome and IE8, but Firefox has an incredible number of little "add-ons" that really improve general web surfing. My favorite is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade to Firefox 3.5???

I don't know about Chrome and IE8, but Firefox has an incredible number of little "add-ons" that really improve general web surfing. My favorite is called "Adblock Plus" - which is a nifty little self-updating add-on that blocks 95% of all flashing ads and all kinds of other annoying things that try to distract you when you view a web page.

For instance, here's a page with Adblock Plus turned off -

And here's the same page with Adblock Plus turned on -

Firefox has numerous other add-ons that make web surfing a pleasure!

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

2. Remove Ads

Installed 3.5 today.

It does not support my Norton's toolbox. I'm a little upset on that. Need to see what else happened. Will try for a few days and see.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

using 3.5.2 on windows 7 ultimate 64x and so far it runs fine except for with facebook it seems to not like facebook anymore. fb runs fine w/ IE but i can't access my inbox or it takes ages and then can't send a msg. other than that haven't seen any problems and not even sure its firefox's fault except for the fact that fb works in IE...

*edit*
    i take that back i have had issues with it locking up and not closing properly when closed so that when i try to open it up later windows tells me there is already an instance of it running. all i have to do is close the task in the process list

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Installed 3.5 today.

It does not support my Norton's toolbox. I'm a little upset on that. Need to see what else happened. Will try for a few days and see.
    Do yourself a favor and dump Norton. It is a resource hog and it isn't very effective. I gobbles RAM and CPU cycles.

There are many free AV suites that you can get, AVG is free as well as some others. You will need to Google Norton Removal as it never just uninstalls. It will cause problems. It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.

When you finally get totally rid of you it will see a boost in performance.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links