Inglourious Basterds

This is a discussion on Inglourious Basterds within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mods, if the name of the flick causes any problems and needs to be modified or removed, I understand. I'm actually kind of surprised a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds

Mods, if the name of the flick causes any problems and needs to be modified or removed, I understand.

I'm actually kind of surprised a thread on this didn't pop up already. I went to go watch the movie with some of my co-workers on friday afternoon and we all enjoyed it immensely. You can tell when there are a bunch of Marines in a public theater, because we tend to laugh at some things that may be inappropriate, and with a Tarantino film, its even worse.

I thought that this movie had some of the best actual filmwork I have seen in a long, long time. Some of the shots and scenes are simply amazing, and show a lot of vision. The film has a unique combination (in my mind at least) of gratuitous gore, mixed with amazing filmwork.

It is not meant to be a historically accurate film and it is not. I won't say anything else about that, but don't expect it to be something from the history books. Anyways, I certainly thought it was worth the price of admission, but it is certainly a film that is only appropriate for adults to see. Anyone else get a chance to see it yet?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I saw this movie on Friday afternoon,and I gotta say it was kinda funny in a sick twisted kinda way
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

No but im wanting to, it should be on DVD here in about a week or so..

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    No but im wanting to, it should be on DVD here in about a week or so..
    But the copy you buy in the souk won't be as good of quality. I got a few Iraqi "new releases" while I was over there, they are better than nothing. If you find a decent copy over there, enjoy it. I'm sure you will and your men will get some laughs out of it.

EDIT: Dukal, that sick twisted kind of way is what my fellow grunts and myself found so amusing. But there are some aspects of the movie that are just so amazing, they speak for themselves. Of course, I'm not siskel or ebert.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I saw it, it was typical Tarantino. The action scenes were superb and the plot had all the usual twists and wry humor. I particularly liked the SS Colonel and Brad Pitts Italian accent.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

As soon as I saw the trailer I wanted to see it. I love QT's movies.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    I am looking forward to seeing, just couldn't make it this weekend.

Ditto, I will soon as well.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I too am looking forward to seeing it. QT movies are in a category of their own, and one must understand that going in!

With that in mind, it should be an awesome flick!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Saw it opening night. It was not what I was expecting. I figured it'd be more action driven like Kill Bill. Despite that, Tarantino didn't disappoint. It was amazing. The characters and attention to detail in the scenes were phenomenal.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    How long before it shows up on TV for free. I refuse to pay the outrageous prices for popcorn at the theaters :)
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Great movies but his ideas on gun control seem a little vague...

Playboy: Does the government have the right to tell citizens whether, they can own guns?
    Tarantino: I don't own a gun. But if gun control were to happen in America, I would have no problem with it whatsoever. Gun control would probably do wonders here. The street violence in America is horrific. When you go to Europe, you actually feel like you take a vacation from the threat of violence. Not that people don't get killed and raped in Europe, but it seems like they don't in comparison with here. But I also feel there's a slight hypocrisy about gun control. America was founded on people grabbing guns and just taking it. We are basically a nation of warriors. We're very easily pumped up. For good reasons, sometimes.

bosco

Was a really good flick, but I was expecting a little more gore and action.

Tarantino sounds like he's got his head in his nether regions and needs some information from outside Hollywierd.

jon
    Great movie.
    100 Nazi scalps!!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I think this is my greatest Masterpiece
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links