Ted Kennedy passes away

Ted Kennedy passes away

This is a discussion on Ted Kennedy passes away within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fox New s reporting that Ted Kennedy has passed away Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Kennedy passes away

Ted Kennedy passes away

Fox New s reporting that Ted Kennedy has passed away

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    While he was certainly an icon in american politics, I cannot say that I will miss his influence on our nation. My wife says I'm heartless. I told her that I'm just not enamored with camelot.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

While I will mourn his passing, respective of his family and friends, I will rejoice that one of the worst politicians in history has passed his time on earth.

What I am apprehensive about is whom will replace him? The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I highly doubt that MA will have a change of heart and put someone in his stead that isn't as liberal or even more liberal.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    While I will mourn his passing, respective of his family and friends, I will rejoice that one of the worst politicians in history has passed his time on earth.

What I am apprehensive about is whom will replace him? The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I highly doubt that MA will have a change of heart and put someone in his stead that isn't as liberal or even more liberal.

Biker
    I'm not sure you can get MORE liberal than Ted. But, then again, time will tell.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

I pray the good Lord has mercy on his soul, but I can't say that I'll miss him.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    What I am apprehensive about is whom will replace him?
    Biker
    Yes, who will replace him? Remember when John Kerry was running for President against Bush, and Mitt Romney was Governor? Kennedy and the Dems, thought Kerry was going to beat Bush.

The law in Mass, was for the Governor to appoint a new Senator to any vacancies and Ted Kennedy got the law changed. Because if Kerry won the election, he didn't want Mitt Romney appointing a Republican to Kerry's seat for the rest of Kerry's term!

Romney had only 5 months left on his term as Governor, so the State legislature passed a law which states the vacant seat will remain vacant for 5 months and then have a special election, effectively taking the Governor's appointment away from him. Which is how the law remains today!

And now, a week or two ago, with his death looming on the horizon, Ted Kennedy came out and wants the law changed back. Now that a Democrat is Governor again, he can appoint a Democrat to Kennedy's vacant seat when he dies. Stating that Massachusetts can not afford to be without a Senator for 5 months during these trying times. Why? Because now they are not sure if there was a special election held in 5 months that they could get a Democrat back in the Senate with all the public outrage pointed at the Dems and the Obama Administration.

So, yes, we shall see what the legislation in fact does.

Right now as the law stands, Kennedy's seat is to remain vacant for 5 months and then they have an election for the remainder of the 6 year term.

He was hoping to have the legislature reverse that law before his death, but people are skeptical of the legislature! And the legislature does not want to look partisan and corrupt by reversing the law after they just passed the change Kennedy wanted only 4 years ago.

Yes, he was an icon, and yes, I'll mourn his passing, but let's see what they end up doing in Mass. It could be interesting!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yes, he was an icon, and yes, I'll mourn his passing, but let's see what they end up doing in Mass. It could be interesting!
    I never saw him as an icon, but rather as a ne'er do well drunk that rode his family coattails as far as he could. For what it's worth I see him as nothing more than a person that, while guilty, remained unconvicted of vehicular manslaughter.

Biker

I won't shed a tear in my coffee
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well, Biker! I agree! 100% And I've always wondered if Mary Jo Kopecnick would be greeting him in heaven to let him know he made a wrong turn somewhere and he's in the wrong place.

I never said he was MY icon, just that he was an icon. I should have specified a Democrat icon. My bad!

I am not looking forward to the All Ted, All The Time TV for the next week and certainly not looking forward to them trying to push the healthcare bill through for the sake of Ted!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    I'd like to throw a wild drunk.

Oh wait...
    I dont drink.

Bummer.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

He got a lot of things done in DC, but it was mostly arm twisting. I can't stand the bum. He kills a girl, walks away, get it swept under the rug. Continues to be a drunk.

He never learned his lesson from killing that girl, I know of a State Cop that arrested him TWICE for DUI, the last one about 18 years ago, BOTH arrests simply disappeared from all records.
    Is it not wonderful how corrupt things are?

How about when his nephews plane went for a swim? Have you EVER seen the US Navy sent out on a search mission for a civilian? The Coast Guard was not good enough! I have never seen the Navy used when a fishing boat with a full crew goes missing out of any of the Mass ports, have you?

Good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kicker96fs View Post
    He kills a girl, walks away, get it swept under the rug. Continues to be a drunk.
    It did cost him the White House... And for him, that was a big deal!

But I agree... He didn't give one hoot for that poor woman! As a matter of fact, he blamed her for costing him the White House. His lack of character, judgment and cowardice never crossed his mind as the reason he lost his Presidential bid.

But then again, most narcissists tend to overlook those character flaws in themselves. They blame other people.

No wonder he was a drunk his whole life!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

When the Lord puts His hand on a man's shoulder, I take mine off.

- Thomas Jefferson

RIP Sen. Kennedy
    Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows.
    - David T. Wolf

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links