Firefox Politeness

This is a discussion on Firefox Politeness within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For all of you that use Firefox, I just found out that Firefox is very polite. I have been using it for years and when ...

Thread: Firefox Politeness

Firefox Politeness

For all of you that use Firefox, I just found out that Firefox is very polite. I have been using it for years and when I started up this morning I got this error for the very first time.

I'm not sure why this was so funny to me this morning, it must be the lack of sugar and caffeine.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Gotta love Firefox! :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Gotta love Firefox! :)
    Not necessarily. I actually would love to replace my FF with a browser that DOESN'T "tattle" on me to the home office, doesn't "update" every 20 minutes, actually works WITH my anti-virus software, doesn't "hang" with a "unable to load" error message every 5 web pages, and finally, doesn't try to upload Google ANYTHING.

Most people have no problems with FF. I, OTOH, actually think the software is hyped junk although it is TONS better than MSIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Not necessarily. I actually would love to replace my FF with a browser that DOESN'T "tattle" on me to the home office, doesn't "update" every 20 minutes, actually works WITH my anti-virus software, doesn't "hang" with a "unable to load" error message every 5 web pages, and finally, doesn't try to upload Google ANYTHING.

Most people have no problems with FF. I, OTOH, actually think the software is hyped junk although it is TONS better than MSIE.
    Use your own laptop to browse the web while at work...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post

I agree, I have the worlds most trouble with FF, I cant stant it...

I love FireFox! God I hate Microsoft Exploder!

I switched to FF about 7 years ago and have never looked back. And the newest version is even better than before. It's great!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Rob P. Have you tried Opera as an alternative? I haven't used it for a while because of the work firewall, but it was a really solid browser.

Rob P., Give Lynx a try. But be forewarned that it is text only, but it doesn't report anything back to anyone.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Im a Firefox fan.. Mt only complaint are the constant updates.

Mine did that to me the other day, I found it slightly humorous as well.. lol
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

Administrator
    If you are having issues with Wolf Ammo then that may cause problems with FireFox. Or...so I've heard.

Or you can ditch Window$ and all of it's inherent problems. I have to laugh when I hear of all the probs you Windows users have.

I run Linux and I have none of these problems. EVER!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Oh, I do love the politeness of FF. It is pretty cool!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    If you are having issues with Wolf Ammo then that may cause problems with FireFox. Or...so I've heard.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I was just looking at Paco's priorities myself... guns and high-end computer networking....

If you ever meet a guy named John Connor, stick close to that guy... you might be important, Paco...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Opera, Maxthon, Firefox. I find that each has several differant strengths and weaknesses. I run each for differant stuff.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Links