My life may change! I ask for your prayers!

My life may change! I ask for your prayers!

This is a discussion on My life may change! I ask for your prayers! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For those of you who actually do believe in the power of prayer and truly are willing to ask God to help someone else, I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

Smile My life may change! I ask for your prayers!

For those of you who actually do believe in the power of prayer and truly are willing to ask God to help someone else, I beg you to think of me and ask God to give me the guidance and confidence to present myself well.

I have been offered a position with a new Florida based magazine that is to issue in January 2010. I have been offered what is basically the office administration, website and graphics coordinator, cover designer, photographer and advisory position. Job details are not completely ironed out but will be within what I listed above.

Salary was stated to be somewhere between $60,000 and $80,000 per year.

I cannot tell you how this would change my life!! I have been on the edge of poverty for the past three or four years and I need a good career path.

I was told tonight that, with a 95% certainty, that I have the position provided I pass a drug screening, which I will. I am absolutely drug and alcohol free.

I won't divulge anymore as it would be speculation as of now. I am to meet with the owner of the magazine in a couple of weeks to go over more details.

I sit here now slightly stunned at the thought of a real job. I am afraid of getting my hopes up but I cannot help but feel excited.

Thank you all in advance!
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member
    Wouldn't it be great!!!!!! Hope the best for ya.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

VIP Member
    You got it, Tally. Good luck.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Life is only worth living when you live it! Enjoy, and know that thoughts are with you.

Smile, the reasons to are getting fewer and farther apart. Congrats!!!

Prayers sent. Hope everything works out for you. Remember that everything works out to the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Best wishes.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    That's great to hear, Tally! Congrats!!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Good luck brother!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.----George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    For those of you who actually do believe in the power of prayer and truly are willing to ask God to help someone else, I beg you to think of me and ask God to give me the guidance and confidence to present myself well.

I have been offered a position with a new Florida based magazine that is to issue in January 2010. I have been offered what is basically the office administration, website and graphics coordinator, cover designer, photographer and advisory position. Job details are not completely ironed out but will be within what I listed above.

Salary was stated to be somewhere between $60,000 and $80,000 per year.

I cannot tell you how this would change my life!! I have been on the edge of poverty for the past three or four years and I need a good career path.

I was told tonight that, with a 95% certainty, that I have the position provided I pass a drug screening, which I will. I am absolutely drug and alcohol free.

I won't divulge anymore as it would be speculation as of now. I am to meet with the owner of the magazine in a couple of weeks to go over more details.

I sit here now slightly stunned at the thought of a real job. I am afraid of getting my hopes up but I cannot help but feel excited.

Thank you all in advance!

Check this out. I feel it is apropos and it left me speechless. It is a video on YouTube, so if it doesn't play, PM and I will add you as a friend.
    Login | Facebook
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

The best job I ever had was based on a 5 minute interview. The pay and schedule were TBD, but I took it. 11 months later it was my worst job. At least I can say I was there.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Congrats!
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    You bet! Glad to pray for you.
    Hey, I'd even pray for you if your screenname was TallyGlock.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Check this out. I feel it is apropos and it left me speechless. It is a video on YouTube, so if it doesn't play, PM and I will add you as a friend.
    Login | Facebook
    Okay I can see the link won't work. Please PM me and I'll add you as s friend and then you'll be able to see it. Really awesome.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Prayers on the way.

Yes, I will gladly pray for you.
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

John

Good luck . I hope every thing goes well for you. When things go good it's great.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links