This is a discussion on For All Non-Military Personal within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was emailed this by my mother! Its true and funny!! Rules for the Non-Military Dear Civilians, We know that the current state of affairs ...
I was emailed this by my mother! Its true and funny!!
Rules for the Non-Military
Dear Civilians, We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:
1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem - kick their a**.
2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their a**.
3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their a**.
4. (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be ' Special Forces. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your a** kicked.
5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an a**-kicking (children are exempt).
6.If you witness someone calling the *US Coast Guard* non-military , inform them of their mistake - and kick their a**.
7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe a**-kicking.
8. Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (CinC). The President (for those who didn't know) is our CinC Regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your a** kicked.
9. Your mama wears combat boots never made sense to me - stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your a**!
10. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying ' Let's go kill those Commies! 'And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me - if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their a**!
11. ' Flyboy ' (*Air Force*), ' Jarhead ' (*Marines),* ' Grunt ' (*Army*), ' Squid ' (*Navy*), ' Puddle Jumpers ' (*Coast Guard*), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other.. unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your a** kicked.
12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing; they could be with their families... Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our Country would get it's a** kicked.. '
'It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. '
'It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. '
'It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. '
'It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag. '
* AND ONE MORE::
13. If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR A**.
Last edited by Avenger; August 28th, 2009 at 01:25 AM.
I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I think I recognize a common thread here.
Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.
Avenger, now that was classy...
My hats off to you on that post....
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor
Avenger, that's great!!!
I hope you don't me borrowing that one, many of my friends will appreciate it.
Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.