midtown miscreant

midtown miscreant

This is a discussion on midtown miscreant within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you find the need for some entertaining reading...try this site. Read his "Prison for Dummies". It is both humorous and insightful as he, himself, ...

Thread: midtown miscreant

midtown miscreant

If you find the need for some entertaining reading...try this site. Read his "Prison for Dummies". It is both humorous and insightful as he, himself, is a ex con. His commentary on our local criminals is very good reading also. A author who has made mistakes....paid for them...and now watches other members in society screw up. Check it out.

http://midtownmiscreant.blogspot.com/
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    No link or web site printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    If you find the need for some entertaining reading...try this site. Read his "Prison for Dummies". It is both humorous and insightful as he, himself, is a ex con. His commentary on our local criminals is very good reading also. A author who has made mistakes....paid for them...and now watches other members in society screw up. Check it out.
    Huh?

This?
    http://midtownmiscreant.blogspot.com...eremanded.html
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yeah that's the one. I went back and put it in. When I was getting it ready...oven timer went off and dinner had to be done and I forgot it. Sorry...but hubby needed his dinner.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Hubby was having trouble finding "Prison for Dummies".
    Click on the yellow book. Scroll down and it will appear. The first one is at the bottom. It is in reverse order. Must be a ex con thing. Ass backwards???
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Well, that was an interesting read.

How in the world did you come across that? Do you normally read prison stuff?

His blog reminds me of the book The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth Prison.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Well, that was an interesting read.

How in the world did you come across that? Do you normally read prison stuff?

His blog reminds me of the book The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth Prison.

I go to the Crime Scene section of the Kansas City Star online where they post not only local, but many different crime subjects and you can comment. He is a favorite there. I grew up and worked most of my adult life in the metro. I knew many kids in college whose dads worked at Leavenworth and later knew a guy who worked at the medical area there. I worked the metro in EMS and got to see crime and criminals close up. How can you not be interested ?? Got to know the enemy so you can guard against them.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

I go to the Crime Scene section of the Kansas City Star online where they post not only local, but many different crime subjects and you can comment. He is a favorite there. I grew up and worked most of my adult life in the metro. I knew many kids in college whose dads worked at Leavenworth and later knew a guy who worked at the medical area there. I worked the metro in EMS and got to see crime and criminals close up. How can you not be interested ?? Got to know the enemy so you can guard against them.
    I do like his writing style. Can't help but be interested in what he has to say. He makes seemingly mundane things interesting, plus I like his slightly warped sense of humor.

If I had been a little less condition white when I lived in KC, I'd have been reading the crime section also.

I've been by the prisons in Leavenworth several times, including the one on the base. Not places I'd want to live.

Got to know the enemy so you can guard against them.
    That's true.

Sponsored Links