You can carry your gun/weapon/firearm etc. in Guatemala

This is a discussion on You can carry your gun/weapon/firearm etc. in Guatemala within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Found this info over at WarriorTalk Yahoo! Answers - How do I legally import and carry my gun in Guatemala as a US Citizen? Yes, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can carry your gun/weapon/firearm etc. in Guatemala

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Found this info over at WarriorTalk

Yahoo! Answers - How do I legally import and carry my gun in Guatemala as a US Citizen? Yes, you can. Solid info is scarce.?

Wonder if they have tourism?

Would I want to go is the question. Wife keeps bugging me about travel but I won't go anywhere I can't protect us. But no need to go somewhere I am guaranteed to get in a fight. So here's what I found out about Guatemala:

Guatemala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guatemala

Guatemala Travel Information and Travel Guide - Lonely Planet

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/gt.html
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

sounds good and all, but im kinda like you, im a homebody. I dont mind traveling from state to state, but really dont care for traveling abroad..

I spend quite a bit of time there for work. Criminal elements are bad in Guatemala City. Some of the tourist locations (Antigua) are seeing an increase in street crime as well.

Antigua is beautiful and a preserved Colonial city with some fantastic hotels.

Like most places in the world, if you're careful, it's a nice trip. If you're out walking at 2am, you're a lamb on the streets.

You have to live in a gated/guarded community in Guat. Its is pretty dangerous there. I have a few business friends working there. Last week he witnessed a man being thrown from a window inside the "safe" community. Nobody did anything.
    Go visit our cousins across the pond in Briton. It's pretty safe there, I go all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    You have to live in a gated/guarded community in Guat. Its is pretty dangerous there. I have a few business friends working there. Last week he witnessed a man being thrown from a window inside the "safe" community. Nobody did anything.
    Go visit our cousins across the pond in Briton. It's pretty safe there, I go all the time.
    Our same cousins who let a convicted terrorist go free after 5 years so they could ink an oil deal? No thanks! At least in Central America you know what you are getting.

I will grudginly go to England, but only because it's a way to get to Scotland and Ireland.

Fly into London and then change planes. That's all of the bloody pommies I can stand. Guatemala, no thanks. I can see what they have to offer thanks to PBS. If I want beaches I can travel within my country, or go to an english speaking one.

While it may be nice to be able to travel with, and carry my handguns while on vacation, I feel that there has to be more to a vacation than that.

Biker

There are places In the USA that I will never have enough time or money in my life to visit,why would I want to go visit a place I can watch on TV
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm for the good old USA. There are a lot of places to see not counting Illinois, New York City or New Jersey. Might as well keep the dollars at home.

+1000000 for keeping the money in the USA. Have you been to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, etc.? Lots of great travel and lodging deals out there now. Plus you can repost here and ask locals about special hot spots that will really impress your wife!

(Near the Second Amendment But Unfortunately Not Affected By It)
    A friend of mine just lost his brother in Guatemala. He was transporting some cash in an envelope.

He was in a car, bumped from behind by robbers who knew. He was reaching for the envelope, which had fallen to the floor in the collision.

The bad guys thought he was reaching for a gun.

My friend says that you can survive in Guatemala if you dress poor, drive an old cheap car, and don't show money or jewelery in public. Buy a small, nondescript house.

This advice is from a Guatemalan who raised his family in Toronto, but is thinking of moving back if North America gets badly depressed. It's always depressed in Guatemala, but at least he won't freeze to death.

Given its location just south of Mexico, lots of drug stuff is relocating into Guatemala.

I think I'll pass on Guatemala, thanks.
    NRA 2AF IDPA
    Tactical Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I will grudginly go to England, but only because it's a way to get to Scotland and Ireland.
    Biker
    Why would you do that? Scotland is freezing and have horrid food. And Ireland is full of terrorists.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    One of the main reasons I posted this information, which I forgot to mention, is that this is the first foreign country that I have ever heard of, where you can bring and carry a sidearm legally. Makes me want to 'reward' them, but with what I've read, doesn't look promising.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

You know its bad there when they let you bring a firearm to protect yourself in another country...

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    You know its bad there when they let you bring a firearm to protect yourself in another country...
    I was thinking the exact same thing.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    One of the main reasons I posted this information, which I forgot to mention, is that this is the first country that I have ever heard of, where you can bring and carry a sidearm legally. Makes me want to 'reward' them, but with what I've read, doesn't look promising.
    Panama used to be that way (may still be). We'd arrive and gear up right in the baggage claim area. However, like Guatemala life is cheap and you need some kind of armament and frankly a handgun always seemed just too little firepower for me.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links