Fingers crossed-job possibility

This is a discussion on Fingers crossed-job possibility within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hoping the best for you....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fingers crossed-job possibility

RMS
    Hoping the best for you.

2. Remove Ads

Good Luck!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Praying for you, Arko!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

God vibes, thoughts and prayers sent. Luck to you!
    Libertas Vel Mors

VIP Member
    Good Luck, prayers sent...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts your way and I have not intention of stopping until I hear the good news on Wednesday
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Best wishes, Arko. I know it's tough being out of work.

Like SIXTO; what is your field???

I know a place that is always looking for communications types; telephone switch techs (me), computer techs (hardware and networking) satellite techs etc.

The commute is a *****, living conditions less than ideal, not much entertainment, but the money is great (and the first $92,600 is income tax exempt).

If you don't like the heat (135 a couple days ago) and blowing sand my company just got a contract in a place that is a cooler......
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    Antartica

Seriously, my company is always looking for people in many fields, and the pay is very good; very good!

ITT Corporation Careers: Job Opportunities

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    Dang friend, I hope this works out, I'll pray for you cross my fingers and all that jazz. The homeless part really got me...if this doesn't work out I'll do what I can to help you...I don't have a lot, but maybe me and a few others could chip in and save your lease? Not a handout or charity...just a helping hand?
    Thanks friend. The sentiment is greatly appreciated. Many of my friends here have already helped me postpone action, and keep the lights on for awhile. I could not ever ask for more. If I get this job, we'll be ok with time. Living on nothing for awhile now will make living merely below our means again a cinch!
    If I don't get it...well, I'm trying to "act as if" I already have it to will the universe to help! BTW, for the whole story, there is a post in Bob + Terry's place. My online time is limited for now, or I'd go into detail.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Like SIXTO; what is your field???

I know a place that is always looking for communications types; telephone switch techs (me), computer techs (hardware and networking) satellite techs etc.

The commute is a *****, living conditions less than ideal, not much entertainment, but the money is great (and the first $92,600 is income tax exempt).

If you don't like the heat (135 a couple days ago) and blowing sand my company just got a contract in a place that is a cooler......
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    Antartica

Seriously, my company is always looking for people in many fields, and the pay is very good; very good!

ITT Corporation Careers: Job Opportunities
    My preferred field via education/experience in Occupational Safety Management. (OSHA, DOT, Etc) I've been looking for, and willing to do anything however.
    I don't have much of an IT background though, I'm afraid.

Thanks all for the well wishes! He's still running the ad online, but when I spoke to him Saturday, he only had 3 qualified applicants for the three positions, so it looks positive!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Arko, it's been tough walking around all day with my toes crossed, but those positive thoughts are still coming your way.
    Now go cyber-kiss my fur friend for me
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I've dedicated all of my extra energy to your cause for the next four days. Tossing in what I have to the collective. I hope you feel the same positive energy in the next 24 hours, and never look back.

Arko Arko Arko Arko Arko Arko Arko

Good Luck!

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Thanks guys!
    I've got some good friends here, and yes, I feel the positive vibe.
    It's going to be a long wait to get to the phone call tomorrow. Trying to be positive and confident.

Rugergirl: I will certainly give Arko your kiss. And the thought of you walking around toes crosed made me chuckle. Thanks!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

[
    Thanks friend. The sentiment is greatly appreciated. Many of my friends here have already helped me postpone action, and keep the lights on for awhile. I could not ever ask for more. If I get this job, we'll be ok with time. Living on nothing for awhile now will make living merely below our means again a cinch!
    If I don't get it...well, I'm trying to "act as if" I already have it to will the universe to help! BTW, for the whole story, there is a post in Bob + Terry's place. My online time is limited for now, or I'd go into detail.

Ok, I just saw your other threads on this matter. Don't know how I missed them...but now I feel like a dummie....anyway, still praying and wishing you the best...I've got a great feeling about this.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    [

Ok, I just saw your other threads on this matter. Don't know how I missed them...but now I feel like a dummie....anyway, still praying and wishing you the best...I've got a great feeling about this.
    You're no dummy! It's hard to take in all the threads with limited time!
    I'm sorry I didn't have time to recount it for you the other day. I was at a bookstore with limited free online access time.

I'm here now, nursing a coffee, browsing want ads. I needed a nice ride to clear my head this morning after not sleeping, so I hopped on my bike "Faith" and headed out early. Good opportunity to combine the daily job search with some motorcycle zen.

Thanks again all. If positive energy/prayers have anything to do with it, I'm sure I'll have good news to report tomorrow.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links