s - Page 2

s

This is a discussion on s within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by grandma4 well when you have a clip that says that they (the children) need to serve the President i'm about stuffing it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: s

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    well when you have a clip that says that they (the children) need to serve the President i'm about stuffing it in the toilet. Why couldn't they just say serve our fellow man, our country, God, or whatever but not serve the president. Did anyone forget to tell the President it is he who is serving?????
    Very well said, thank you
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Problem and Rhetorical question: Students stand and say the Pledge of Allegence each morning at school. Some students choose to opt out of this but for the most part students are expected to participate and of course many want to. As a teacher for 32 years I know this because I led the pledge on most occassions. I had a few during those 32 years that refused and I could not make them. We start this in kindergarten and it continues throughout school. By definition indoctrination is: to instruct in a doctrine, principle, or ideology.

Heres the questions:

If we are doing this each morning starting even at early ages is this not a form of indoctrination?

If we as parents are communicating the values of hard work and education is this not also indoctrination?

If we are communicating positive values and principles that as a society we cherish is this by the defintion also indoctrination?

Why have some people decided that if the President communicates the same values that we as a society cherish then this is somehow bad?
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

As the father in a homeschooling family, I love the hypocrisy of the American public.

They whine and moan about the indoctrination of children when it's overt, but are oblivious to the subtle types of indoctrination that occur every day in such an environment.

Schools are forced, by law, to give equal claim to every faith or creed. Do your religious beliefs give equal preeminence to all other religious beliefs? Probably not, mine certainly doesn't! Referring to the beliefs of, say, the LDS: Either I'm wrong and they are right; I'm right and they are wrong or we're both wrong. We can't both be right.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    How low things have sunk.

When I was in school, we were glad to hear positive messages from our President. On the value of education. On personal responsibility. On the importance of physical fitness. On ways to serve our country. Hearing President Kennedy speak was always inspiring.

Today, the level of hateful political posturing is just appalling. It's disgusting that some people have the temerity to equate our President's encouraging address on the value of education with Hitler or Stalin. You obviously haven't a clue about those heinous individuals or any sense of the history of that era. Shame on you. Please don't ever have the nerve to call yourselves "patriots".

Students ought to hear positive messages from our leaders, especially our Presidents, regardless of political party.
    You talk about President Kennedy, what was the message he gave us, " And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.

My fellow citizens of the world, ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."

I did not see anywhere where Kennedy ask us to serve him. From the video clip, I do hear them take the pledge of Serving Obam

"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I wonder if his salute is the one Jonny cash is known for.

Administrator
    NO OBAMA OR POLITICAL OR DEMOCRAT/REPUBLICAN THREADS ALLOWED ON DEFENSIVE CARRY UNLESS THEY ARE DIRECTLY FIREARM OR SECOND AMENDMENT RELATED.

YES, I AM YELLING.

Take it over to the ConservativeStronghold - Bumper owns that site also. It is intended for threads just like this one.

http://www.conservativestronghold.com/vbulletin/

Administrator
    Rule #9 On The Defensive Carry Rules Page.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
    For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions.
    We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Administrator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links