Zombies and Raptors Ahead

This is a discussion on Zombies and Raptors Ahead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Electronic road sign hackers are scaring motorists with bogus and sometimes scary messages. During the morning rush hour near Collinsville IL a roadside electronic sign ...

Thread: Zombies and Raptors Ahead

Zombies and Raptors Ahead

Electronic road sign hackers are scaring motorists with bogus and sometimes scary messages. During the morning rush hour near Collinsville IL a roadside electronic sign flashed "Daily lane closures due to zombies." In a construction zone on Lamar Boulevard in Austin TX, the roadside warning message was even more frightening: "Zombies in the area! Run!" Drivers in Indiana's Hamilton County were warned of a different predator "Raptors Ahead!" Given the alertness of some rush-hour drivers, the message rings true. (A "zombie" is defined as a dead person somehow brought back to life.) Concerned highway officials say that the bogus messages could make motorists disregard legitimate warnings. "We understand it was a hoax, but we don't want drivers being distracted by a funny sign," said Joe Gasaway, an Illinois Department of Transportation supervisory field engineer. So far none of the hackers have been caught

2. Remove Ads

Let's saddle up and go get 'em. I just got a new 20 round mag for my 226.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

VIP Member
    Sounds like a job for Bunny, the Zombie Slayer!!!!!!!!!!

CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

always funny but old new

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    These pranks are funny, I don't care who you are.

But messing with traffic control/info devices is a bad idea. Although I'm not worried about anyone taking seriously the warnings about zombies or raptors, I do worry a little about the typical one-upsmanship among pranksters.

And this is just plain stupid:
    "...but we don't want drivers being distracted by a funny sign,"
    As if somebody is going to trigger a pile-up or fly off the road laughing out of control. I'll tell you what's distracting: Putting so much info on one of those signs that it takes three screen flips to read it all as you're driving past.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Having worked on roadways for years I find that nobody can or will read the signs.the driving public in the U.S. is the rudest,most self centered,inatentive,ungrateful and down right dangerous of any I ve come across.I have built roads in 7 countries and by far Americans are the worst drivers,so dont worry about too many reading the signs,they are too busy texting,calling,talking,eating,applying makeup,shaving,reading............
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

I can't find any zombie specific ammo,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I can't find any zombie specific ammo,

FMJ's work just fine. Their brains are already quite squishy and half rotten, no need to waste your good HPs on them.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    FMJ's work just fine. Their brains are already quite squishy and half rotten, no need to waste your good HPs on them.
    That's funny right there! Maybe we can get three or four lined up and get them all with one round!! Think of the savings!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Sony Pictures - Zombieland

Can't wait until it comes out!

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Everybody knows all you have to do is turn on the music for "Thiller" and they all line up for the dance moves and head shots down the line. YouTube - Michael Jackson - Thriller

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Electronic road sign hackers are scaring motorists with bogus and sometimes scary messages. During the morning rush hour near Collinsville IL a roadside electronic sign flashed "Daily lane closures due to zombies." In a construction zone on Lamar Boulevard in Austin TX, the roadside warning message was even more frightening: "Zombies in the area! Run!" Drivers in Indiana's Hamilton County were warned of a different predator "Raptors Ahead!" Given the alertness of some rush-hour drivers, the message rings true. (A "zombie" is defined as a dead person somehow brought back to life.) Concerned highway officials say that the bogus messages could make motorists disregard legitimate warnings. "We understand it was a hoax, but we don't want drivers being distracted by a funny sign," said Joe Gasaway, an Illinois Department of Transportation supervisory field engineer. So far none of the hackers have been caught
    Here's an idea for all the cities that have been attacked, change the friggin default PW for the road signs.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Links