you would think they would get a better guy to demonstarte this SUPER GLOCK

This is a discussion on you would think they would get a better guy to demonstarte this SUPER GLOCK within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; you would think they would get a better guy to demonstarte this SUPER GLOCK http://www.videovat.com/videos/1430/...chine-gun.aspx...

Thread: you would think they would get a better guy to demonstarte this SUPER GLOCK

http://www.videovat.com/videos/1430/...chine-gun.aspx

2. Remove Ads

1952 - 2006
    That's the Glock Model 18. Video has been around for a while.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrator

Thumbs up Yep...I've Seen It

The firearm is doing its job....too bad the shooter is not quite up to the task of shooting it.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Cant open it on the work puter, so ill have to wait until I get home to watch it.
    Curry

Senior Moderator
    I haven't shot one of those - it may not be as easy as we might think. The guy looked like he had pretty good technique, leaning, strongly and aggressively into the gun to minimize recoil and all.

In the one-hand shooting again technique looks pretty good, recoil management looks good. But, it would have been more impressive if he had hit the target a little better!

Then again that's easy for me to say, I'm not trying to shoot the thing!
    Last edited by Tangle; April 7th, 2006 at 10:40 AM.

VIP Member
    Shooting a full-auto handgun is not easy. The Beretta 93R has the foregrip to help, but the G18 does not. I'd say the guy did fine. The rounds went downrange into the backstop and he didn't violate any of the safety rules.

I'd give most people an M16 at the same range at see how they do on full-auto. That thing wants to climb to the moon. The G18 should generate plenty of muzzle flip if the G17 is any comparison. It should be since they are the same gun except the G17 doesn't have the full-auto parts.

If you want to see nice groups from a full-auto, get the MP5. Very nice to shoot full-auto, semi-auto, just plain nice to shoot. <drool> After I win the lottery tomorrow I'm going to get an MP5 or three.

-Scott-

Assistant Administrator
    Last year I had the opportunity to put a couple of mags thru an 18 - I have to say I was impressed with the degree of control possible.

Somehow that gun just does not climb like so many FA's - tho I expect there is a need to find the right grip and hold. That's how it was for me anyways. Fell in love with it straight away
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that thing on the back of the slide is not standard G18 hardware.

Administrator

Oh Come On Folks

The guy can't hit nothin' worth beans.
    At least his first three shots should have strung toward high but, should have at least been dead "C" on the target.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've been lucky enough to shoot a G18 several times (going to again on 5/13)... I think he did pretty well with it. I agree with Oregonshooter, the back of that slide doesn't look right. The G18 I was shooting was not a conversion, it had a slide mounted two position fire selector. Looked about like the safety on a makarov, and in the same position. Other than that, it looked exactly like any other full size glock.

Sights are useless on a G18, after the first round, you can't see them at all. It doesn't seem to want to lift as much after the first round, or perhaps it's just your muscles wanting to pull it back down, I don't really know, but your first shot will be lower than the rest of the group, no matter how hard you try to stay down. I don't believe that anyone could keep a magazine in anything resembling a good group.

I can't say I ever had the nerve to try it single handed... Might have to give that a shot :) A full Weaver-type stance, with pressure pulling the gun back into the strong arm, helps a lot. I'm able enough to walk my shots into a golf ball with one, at probably 10 yards.

All in all, A G18 is great fun at the range, and a wonderful way of blowing through a case of 9mm ammo! Better yet if you have a few 9mm tracers :) I don't know that I'd want to carry one, or if I did, I'd have it in single shot mode. As a range toy though, they're hard to beat!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I agree with cmidkiff, I have shot the 18 and it ain't all that easy to shoot one exactly where you want. I watched as a girl in the class let the little 18 climb up and ended up shooting holes in the pavilan roof of the shooting range (you can see a couple holes in the pic). She did everything she could to hold it but to no avail.
    I am 6'2" 240 and she wanted to rise up on me also.

That was probably the coolest pistol I have ever shot before. 30 rounds in 1.5 seconds ain't nothing to scuff at.

Here's a pic to show off.

Ti.

Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Moderator
    I saw that thing on the back of the slide in another pic and asked what it was and I still don't know.

I thought I read that it was a conversion kit and not an original somewhere. Never seen one up close so couldn't tell ya. THe sniper team have them for sidearms here but they wouldn't let me play with them. :(

Administrator

Question

So the people at GLOCK could not find any shooter that could keep a freaking 9mm Glock Model 18 on target long enough to get a few initial decent hits in order to make their video.
    Is that what you folks are saying?
    They should have called Bud White.

No, all I am saying is that shooting it once or twice ain't gonna cut it to get real good with the 18. I shot 4 mags of 30 rounds that day, I am not ready for a video yet.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Links