Someone stole our bicycles

This is a discussion on Someone stole our bicycles within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yep, went out for the last time to let the dog pee before bed around 11:00 p.m. I looked over at my work truck where ...

Thread: Someone stole our bicycles

Someone stole our bicycles

Yep, went out for the last time to let the dog pee before bed around 11:00 p.m. I looked over at my work truck where our bikes were, and I don't see our bicycles. I look left and see one of them, look harder and don't see the other one, look even harder and realize that the one I see isn't one of ours. Someone came on our property while we were in the house, stole our bicycles and left the one they came on in place of ours. I called the Sheriff's dept. thinking that the bicycle they left was prob. stolen too. Less than 10min. a deputy arrives. He filled out a report and carried the bicycle with him.

I hope they get good use out of our bicycles.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

2. Remove Ads

Sorry dude, Ill bring em back tonite!

seriously,ya cant leave dog poop in the yard without it getting boosted anymore.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

The very same thing happened to us with our son's Orange County Choppers Schwinn bike. I was able to get the bike they left back to the neighbor it belongs to, but I have never seen hide nor hair of his. Checked with all of the pawn shops, and even watched Craigslist for a while, but I think they were either taken to a house or out of the area.

My bike was stolen from me years ago from right outside a building, full of people, with the door open and professionals coming in and out. I had a lot of fun on that Trek mtn bike. MANY miles on it!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    I hope they get good use out of our bicycles.
    Just wondering: were the bicycles locked to something immovable? Were they hard to see from the street/sidewalk?

Am not making any judgments, here. I'm simply interested in what conditions existed that involved the crime.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Order Chineese food you never know the bike may carry the food home.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Just wondering: were the bicycles locked to something immovable? Were they hard to see from the street/sidewalk?

Am not making any judgments, here. I'm simply interested in what conditions existed that involved the crime.

No they weren't locked to anything and not really out of view. I usually always keep them leaned up against the fence behind the garbage cans. This time they were leaned up against my work truck in the driveway cause I had cut grass Saturday, and didn't move them back.
    The bikes were over ten years old and just some old Walmart Murray types, so nothing special and both were in kinda bad shape. The part that got me was they left one different bicycle here when they took ours, kinda made me laugh. Don't misunderstand me, I pretty PO'd over the whole "trespassing and stealing".
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

If somebody return your bike with a note saying they had no choice to borrow your bike and tickets to a show.Dont go they are going to rob the house while you are out.

Links