Airsoft as Personal Defense - Page 2

Airsoft as Personal Defense

This is a discussion on Airsoft as Personal Defense within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter As long as it's HIS "self" that he's defending I don't care if he defends himself with Vlasic sweet pickle slices ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airsoft as Personal Defense

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    As long as it's HIS "self" that he's defending I don't care if he defends himself with Vlasic sweet pickle slices fired from a slingshot.

The guy is an idiot. Nuf said.
    OMG, you're funny man, this was great.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Administrator
    Hmm, the neighborhood kids run around playing airsoft. If one of them busts in my perimeter, I guess I'd come out blazing away with my airsoft.
    A mans got to do what a mans got to do.
    "Just blame Sixto"

An airsoft for defense should only be used in conjunction with Felon Attack Retardant Training otherwise referred to as a FART
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I mean I dunno.. Both me and my roommate both have CHL's, real boy toys (1911's, Glocks, etc) and we both have 1-2 airsoft guns. I know we each have a pistol/shotgun by each bedside for protection, and keep the airsoft guns within reach for oh lets just say 'roomate humor'.. Things such as, get out my room POW! or Lets make $1 bets on who has better aim, etc..

Is that guy serious about implementing an airsoft gun, as a defensive weapon? I would rather use a fork IMO.
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

VIP Member
    The main purpose of this topic is to think outside the box.
    This topic requires more than thinking outside the box. It requires thinking outside the known universe.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I've used airsoft for training in the past. Unless your home is under attack by squirrels I don't think it would help much.

LOL i'll be filing a patent for a pickle sling shot. It's less than lethal and the ammo is bio degradable.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    This topic requires more than thinking outside the box. It requires thinking outside the known universe.
    I am glad I didn't just take a drink before I read this!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by MBtech87 View Post
    I mean I dunno.. Both me and my roommate both have CHL's, real boy toys (1911's, Glocks, etc) and we both have 1-2 airsoft guns. I know we each have a pistol/shotgun by each bedside for protection, and keep the airsoft guns within reach for oh lets just say 'roomate humor'.. Things such as, get out my room POW! or Lets make $1 bets on who has better aim, etc..

Is that guy serious about implementing an airsoft gun, as a defensive weapon? I would rather use a fork IMO.
    Maybe it's just me but I think it's areally bad idea to have toy guns next to real guns when you have a propensity to grab the toy guns and shoot each other,theres been lots of people shot by doing similar types of stuff,I would hate to see one of you being indited for manslaughter and your defense being I thought I grabbed the airsoft
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by MBtech87

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I think it's areally bad idea to have toy guns next to real guns when you have a propensity to grab the toy guns and shoot each other,theres been lots of people shot by doing similar types of stuff,I would hate to see one of you being indited for manslaughter and your defense being I thought I grabbed the airsoft
    You know, I'm gonna have to piggy back onto this by reiterating that you and roommate are developing some very dangerous habits!

Not sure if you're the type to think that we are a bunch of dopes and that you are capable of telling the difference between the toy guns and real guns.

But I would say that just the type of games you play with your airsofts, as in the "get outta my room and a quick pop with the airsoft" kind of stuff is not what I consider to be a prudent way to develop safe gun handling skills. Especially with a real loaded pistol in close proximity.

Now, personally it's no skin off my nose as I won't be the one getting shot or doing the shooting, but like dukalmighty points out... We'd sure hate to see something bad happen to one of our members.

Just some "food for thought!"
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator

Thumbs up

Good one! So true.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links