With all this global warming going on, where are we to put all the snow?

This is a discussion on With all this global warming going on, where are we to put all the snow? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Actually we are headed into a global cooling cycle. We are at the very beginning stages of a new Ice Age as a matter of ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61

Thread: With all this global warming going on, where are we to put all the snow?

  1. #16
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,103

    Post

    Actually we are headed into a global cooling cycle.

    We are at the very beginning stages of a new Ice Age as a matter of true fact.

    Global warming is a total bogus profit driven myth centered around Carbon Credits.

    Almost all of the best climatologists that has originally espoused "Global Warming" have already recanted.

    Go Here and read 35 Inconvenient Truths.
    Global Warming Science and Public Policy - 35 Inconvenient Truths: The errors in Al Gore’s movie

    Go To iceagenow.com & read for a while.
    Growing Glaciers

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gore absolutely refuses to debate anybody on the topic of Global Warming.

    The HUGE CRACK in the polar ice sheet depicted in his movie was a Styrofoam movie prop model just in case any of you were not aware of that fact.

    His movie cannot be shown in schools in Great Britain these days without a disclaimer that it is fiction based and not proved fact...just in case anybody was not aware of that either.

    The ONE question that Al Gore will never answer.

    The Earth has experienced MANY past Ice Ages....HOW did those Ice Ages END before Mankind ever even existed on Planet Earth?

    Answer.....The Earth warmed up all by itself.

    Another Question.........Why was it determined years ago that Mars warmed at the same rate as the Earth when there are no SUVs on Mars?

    Answer because Earth warms as does Mars and the other planets due to increased Solar AKA SUN activity.
    But, the Earth is NOT warming right now. It is cooling.
    And at some point in the future - it will start warming again.

    Notice that Global Warming is hardly ever called GLOBAL WARMING anymore. It's now called "Climate Change."

    Because the people perpetrating the hoax know that they can now be proved wrong on the "warming" aspect of Global Warming. So they got rid of the warming and now it's Global Climate Change.

    What IS Climate?

    Climate is the weather.

    Complete this famous saying for me.

    She changes her mind just like the _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

    Hint: What does weather DO? -
    Answer: It constantly changes. Gee----imagine that.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,572
    Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    Oh please give credit where it is due Al Gore single handedly saved the planet from certain doom!
    Why in just a few short years the planet has began to recover to what winter snow falls and temperatures were fifty years ago.
    And to think a man of such greatness just missed being president.
    Hey, at least he invented the internet so that we can have this conversation.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

  4. #18
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,103
    Proved: There is No Climate Crisis
    Written by Robert Ferguson
    Tuesday, 15 July 2008

    WASHINGTON (7-15-08) - Mathematical proof that there is no “climate crisis” appears today in a major, peer-reviewed paper in Physics and Society, a learned journal of the 4,600-strong American Physical Society, SPPI reports.
    Christopher Monckton, who once advised Margaret Thatcher, demonstrates via 30 equations that computer models used by the UN’s climate panel (IPCC) were pre-programmed with overstated values for the three variables whose product is “climate sensitivity” (temperature increase in response to greenhouse-gas increase), resulting in a 500-2000% overstatement of CO2’s effect on temperature in the IPCC’s latest climate assessment report, published in 2007.

    Climate Sensitivity Reconsidered [http://www.aps.org/units/fps/newslet...807/index.cfm] demonstrates that later this century a doubling of the concentration of CO2 compared with pre-industrial levels will increase global mean surface temperature not by the 6 °F predicted by the IPCC but, harmlessly, by little more than 1 °F. Lord Monckton concludes –

    “… Perhaps real-world climate sensitivity is very much below the IPCC’s estimates. Perhaps, therefore, there is no ‘climate crisis’ at all. … The correct policy approach to a non-problem is to have the courage to do nothing.”

    Larry Gould, Professor of Physics at the University of Hartford and Chair (2004) of the New England Section of the American Physical Society (APS), has been studying climate-change science for four years. He said:

    “I was impressed by an hour-long academic lecture which criticized claims about ‘global warming’ and explained the implications of the physics of radiative transfer for climate change. I was pleased that the audience responded to the informative presentation with a prolonged, standing ovation. That is what happened when, at the invitation of the President of our University, Christopher Monckton lectured here in Hartford this spring. I am delighted that Physics and Society, an APS journal, has published his detailed paper refining and reporting his important and revealing results.‘

    “To me the value of this paper lies in its dispassionate but ruthlessly clear exposition – or, rather, exposé – of the IPCC’s method of evaluating climate sensitivity. The detailed arguments in this paper, and, indeed, in a large number of other scientific papers, point up extensive errors, including numerous projection errors of climate models, as well as misleading statements by the IPCC. Consequently, there are no rational grounds for believing either the IPCC or any other claims of dangerous anthropogenic ‘global warming’.”


    Lord Monckton’s paper reveals that –


    The IPCC’s 2007 climate summary overstated CO2’s impact on temperature by 500-2000%;
    CO2 enrichment will add little more than 1 °F (0.6 °C) to global mean surface temperature by 2100;
    Not one of the three key variables whose product is climate sensitivity can be measured directly;
    The IPCC’s values for these key variables are taken from only four published papers, not 2,500;
    The IPCC’s values for each of the three variables, and hence for climate sensitivity, are overstated;
    “Global warming” halted ten years ago, and surface temperature has been falling for seven years;
    Not one of the computer models relied upon by the IPCC predicted so long and rapid a cooling;
    The IPCC inserted a table into the scientists’ draft, overstating the effect of ice-melt by 1000%;
    It was proved 50 years ago that predicting climate more than two weeks ahead is impossible;
    Mars, Jupiter, Neptune’s largest moon, and Pluto warmed at the same time as Earth warmed;
    In the past 70 years the Sun was more active than at almost any other time in the past 11,400 years.

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array rodc13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    2,753
    When the best global warming deniers can do is to drag out dubious maunderings of a certifiable loon like Christopher Monckton, it's a sure sign that they've reached their own "tipping point". These are the same types who buy into Moncky's AIDS recommendations. Puh-leeeeze!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

  6. #20
    VIP Member Array sgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    It's all trends, you see. The inescapable trend is for warming. That doesn't mean it won't be cooler in some years than the previous year. A record snowstorm or low temp doesn't validate or invalidate the trend, any more than a record drought or record high temp. Look at the overall.

    Of course, there's the whole group that's ideologically, rather than scientifically, opposed to recognizing the trend. This group won't accept any evidence that's contrary to their belief system, just like creationists, birthers, PETA, the Brady Organization, and others of that ilk.

    I for one am thankful for the trend, since I don't think we would have gotten by so nicely had the ice age not ended. I hope to be dead and burried before the trend reverses and leads to the next one.

    Here is my favorite global warming party dance tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXrc1...om=PL&index=24
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

  7. #21
    Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    "Crap and Tax" is dead on arrival... if they can't sell "free" health care to the American people, they will never sell an average $1,700 per household increase in energy costs.

    And you need to read up... it isn't "global warming" any more, because the last few years have cooled, but environmental kooks need a crisis. So, it's been re-packaged and re-labeled as "climate change"...
    They had to change it. My globes are never warm in the winter
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    FYI: That global warming is occurring does not mean it won't snow in Colorado. Do some reading.
    This year there was an average of 20,000 sq miles "MORE" ice cap at the North Pole than NORMAL ... not less as the climate folks had predicted. Maybe more people do need to read. The average temperature this year around the Globe, has been "down" , not up.

    There is a reason Al Gore started saying Climate Change, rather than Global warming.

    I invite you to go to China and India.... then explain how if we did everything perfectly... it would make one iota of difference to the world's climate. I'll even pay for Al Gore's ticket to go.

    I flew 15,000 miles in just "one" trip ..... and within 20 miles of the North Pole, over the cap, etc.. Do you realize that "little" of this earth is NOT ice / snow covered ?

    Is it that hard to understand the temperature fluctuates up and down over time ? Uh, just like about everything else. Ice Ages... gee, we've had ICE AGES.. ... and during one Climate Change.... the Inca's were able to exist and grow food on mountains that "had been " covered for years by ice & snow. Climate change, is not always bad.... the ice age kept us from fighting with dinosaurs for our existence.

    One final question, what is it about human's that think they can 'control' everything.

  9. #23
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,103
    It's all about the money & Goldman Sachs.
    Read this in Rolling Stone. Hardly a right wing Global Warming "denial" source.

    The Great American Bubble Machine
    From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression - and they're about to do it again....

    The Great American Bubble Machine : Rolling Stone

    Also Go Here:
    http://www.iceagenow.com/Climatologi...o_Disagree.htm

    Also Go Here:
    Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now Skeptics
    Growing Number of Scientists Convert to Skeptics After Reviewing New Research
    http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...b-dccb00b51a12

  10. #24
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,103
    The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) announced this week that the summer of 2009 was the 34th coolest since 1895.
    Covering the months from June to August for the contiguous United States, the average temperature was 0.4 degrees below the 20th century average.

    Emphasizing the lower temperatures experienced in the United States over the summer, a closer look at the statistics provides some telling information.

    Over the three month period, stations reporting to the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) showed 2,254 daily record low temperatures and 1,296 low temperature records were tied according to preliminary data. Similarly, 4,051 daily record low maximums were recorded and 1,501 records were tied across the nation during the summer.

    July in particular was notably cooler than normal and the single month by itself counted for roughly half of the records set across the three month summer. For the month, 2,212 record low maximum temperatures were recorded and 737 were tied. 1,225 new record low temperatures were recorded and 657 records were tied.

    For the 2009 summer, the average temperature of 71.7 degrees F was 0.4 degree F below the 20th Century average. The 2008 average summer temperature was 72.7 degrees F.
    A recurring upper level trough held the June-August temperatures down in the central states, where Michigan experienced its fifth, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and South Dakota their seventh, Nebraska its eighth, and Iowa its ninth coolest summer. By contrast, Florida had its fourth warmest summer, while Washington and Texas experienced their eighth and ninth warmest, respectively.
    The Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota region experienced its sixth coolest summer on record. Only the Northwest averaged above normal temperatures.

  11. #25
    Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado at 11,650'
    Posts
    12,217
    Hey - it's been a blizzard up here (9,500 feet) all day continuing into this evening. We're SW of Woodland Park and North of Cripple Creek. The "Last Blizzard of the Summer of 2009" or the "First Blizzard of the Season"............This is not a joke about Al Gore or the Goldman manipulations...........It is a real blizzard!

    Woooo Hoooooooo!

  12. #26
    Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    536
    This is actually about something we are all familiar with they want Climate "CONTROL" for the same reason they want Gun "CONTROL". It is all about Control. They want to control Health Care, the Economy, Guns, Production, Distribution and the list goes on. The Elites in DC and Hollywood know how to run your life and money better than you do. There really cannot be legitimate disagreements because they are right, so it must be some underlying issue behind all of this dissent, but it definitely can not be a legitimate disagreement because they are smarter and know better than you.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

    You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

  13. #27
    Member Array kingdaddyoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    The best theory for the performance of the climate was put forth by Milutin Milankovi? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who lived from 1879 to 1958. This time span is important since it predates the politicization of the climate by a cadre of environmental extremists. Like other extremists, anti 2A, for example, these people have no interest whatsoever in any logical position that varies from their faith.

    No sane person argues episodes of ice and tropics did not occur before and since men walked the earth. Milankovic demonstrated the correlation of climate and the periodic changes in the earths orbit/rotational axis. I personally examined and performed mechanical strength tests on core samples of the limestone in Missouri. I found fossils of warm sea creatures from cores that were 200 feet deep in the layer. These things were in my own hands. I touched them. Core samples tested in direct tension typically broke at some small fossil or flaw present in the limestone. That means at one time in the past, warm tropical oceans covered parts of Missouri. Eons before man walked the earth. It has happened before and will happen again. The thing is it happens slowly, so we need not panic. First of all, there is nothing we can do to change this climatic cycle. Second, if we were able to change anything, we should be doing everything we can to warm the place up. The next two hundred years are predicted to cool.

    The crime is that an otherwise respectable political party in the USA has allowed these environmental nuts access to political power. Of course the politicians only see this as an opportunity to expand government and their power. The cynical destruction of the ability of the US to manufacture and mine within our own borders insures we will be overcome by countries that do not suffer fools in matters of national survival.

    In spite of the concerted attempt to deceive the people of our country, more and more people are waking up to the truth on global warming. And for those that denigrate the core samples, astronomy, and many other disciplines that I have little knowledge of, what is your explanation of the geological evidence so readily available to even lowly engineers such as my self. There is an explanation right. Right. Please enter it in the space below. Keep it simple.

    I will make it easy. Just address the karst topography in Missouri and describe how it came about without man to warm up the area millions of years ago.
    Yep, what he said right there.
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

  14. #28
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,368
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    It's all trends, you see. The inescapable trend is for warming. That doesn't mean it won't be cooler in some years than the previous year. A record snowstorm or low temp doesn't validate or invalidate the trend, any more than a record drought or record high temp. Look at the overall.

    Of course, there's the whole group that's ideologically, rather than scientifically, opposed to recognizing the trend. This group won't accept any evidence that's contrary to their belief system, just like creationists, birthers, PETA, the Brady Organization, and others of that ilk.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

  15. #29
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,108
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    It's all trends, you see. The inescapable trend is for warming. That doesn't mean it won't be cooler in some years than the previous year. A record snowstorm or low temp doesn't validate or invalidate the trend, any more than a record drought or record high temp. Look at the overall.
    I disagree. I have seen a few studies done by universities that show a pretty obvious trend towards cooling.

    The warming and cooling cycles that the Earth goes through are related to the Sun, not, by and large to anything we are doing. Mars is going through the exact same cycles, at the same times, that the Earth is. Am I to believe that we, as human here on Earth are doing something that is effecting the climate on Mars?

    The Global Warming types often point to the fact that we have "deforested" America and that is helping in the warming. But, according to the Us Department of the Interior, there are more trees in the US now than when Columbus discovered the New World. Back then, when there were forest fires, no one put them out, no one went back in afterward and planted trees to replace the ones burned and killed. The last figures I saw had the number of trees in the US pegged at a little over 100 for every man woman and child living in the US at that time (about 5 years ago I think). That is actually many hundreds of millions of trees.

    I do not buy the whole Global Warming crapola at all. I very much agree with the statement that tiwee posted. I think he nailed it pretty darned well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  16. #30
    Member Array Random's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    It's all trends, you see. The inescapable trend is for warming.
    Basic physics argues otherwise.

    Of course, there's the whole group that's ideologically, rather than scientifically, opposed to recognizing the trend. This group won't accept any evidence that's contrary to their belief system, just like creationists, birthers, PETA, the Brady Organization, and others of that ilk.
    Funny, I find that sort of mindset a lot on the other side.

    I, personally, do not believe in anthropogenic global warming. I have come to this conclusion after looking at the evidence and considering it rationally. But I get called a "denier" because of that conclusion, and have my position summarily dismissed and refused to be debated. Generally accompanied with some sort of insult about my sanity.

    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    When the best global warming deniers can do is to drag out dubious maunderings of a certifiable loon like Christopher Monckton, it's a sure sign that they've reached their own "tipping point". These are the same types who buy into Moncky's AIDS recommendations. Puh-leeeeze!
    Yeah, like that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Too Much Snow - PROOF POSITIVE Of Global Warming.
    By QKShooter in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: February 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
  2. Funny pic- global warming
    By friesepferd in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 5th, 2007, 07:40 AM
  3. Global Warming
    By friesepferd in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM
  4. Off topic - Global Warming
    By sgtD in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2007, 05:56 PM