Religious beliefs and self defense? - Page 4

Religious beliefs and self defense?

This is a discussion on Religious beliefs and self defense? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Religious beliefs and self defense?

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

We live under Rule of Law and need to realize that if the nation loose that rule then we all suffer. Without ROL we step back to survival with out governmental interference. That may sound good to some of you as long as you are the meanest one on the block. Just let another meaner move in and you are the victim and there is no help from the law of the land and you will have a different attitude about the whole matter. As to the Bible it is very plane on self defense and authority of government. As a Christian I uphold the Rule of Law both God's law and Law of the land as long as the law of the land does not outright contradict the law of God

Originally Posted by Pure Kustom
    Personally, I don't care what the bible has to say on self defense. If it's my life or theirs. To bad for them.........
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    Sorry ya feel that way . . .
    You may feel sorry that he feels that way, but for those who believe otherwise, you can say a prayer for them over their grave and wish them the best.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    This thread is about reconciling lethal self-defense with the Christian "rule book." Period.

Not caring what the rule book has to say automatically disqualifies you from the discussion considering it's an integral part of the topic. It's like extolling the virtues of a buck knife in an "AK vs AR" post. And feeling "sorry" for someone who doesn't care about the rule book is likewise irrelevant to this thread, as is attacking/defending either side of that tangent.

If you wish to express your beliefs on self-defense without regard for the Christian Bible or with respect to a different set of rules, start a new thread.

If you wish to express your concern over those who choose not to share your Faith, you can also start a new thread.

Please keep this discussion on track; I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one benefitting from the info posted here and I prefer to see it remain unlocked.

Thank you.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Well said, jumpwing.

I am a big fan of the old testament......

So I say defend yourself and your family; there is no higher calling than to be willing to give your own life in the defense of those who cannot defend themselves.........

So though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I do not fear for the 1911 and the 12 gauge are at my side to dispense the Lord's justice and righteous vengeance upon the wickedness evil men would attempt to visit upon decent god-fearing folk such as myself and my family.......

It also helps to be the meanest hombre in the valley, and when I have my Benelli and my 1911 loaded up, I am the meanest hombre......

Is that biblical enough??
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I am a big fan of the old testament......

So I say defend yourself and your family; there is no higher calling than to be willing to give your own life in the defense of those who cannot defend themselves.........

So though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I do not fear for the 1911 and the 12 gauge are at my side to dispense the Lord's justice and righteous vengeance upon the wickedness evil men would attempt to visit upon decent god-fearing folk such as myself and my family.......

It also helps to be the meanest hombre in the valley, and when I have my Benelli and my 1911 loaded up, I am the meanest hombre......

Is that biblical enough??
    Amen.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Thou shalt not murder “ratsach”?

While I am not a Biblical Scholar or a theologian, I deal with multiple languages and their translations. Keeping in mind that the bible was not written in English “Thou shalt not murder” makes much better sense than "Thou shalt not kill" when looking at the context of other verses such as:

Exodus 22:2 “If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.”

Luke 22:36 “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

Ecclesiastes 3:3 “A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;”

Ecclesiastes 3:8 “A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.”

In the end I am at peace with defending My Country, My Family, and My Self when I meet St Peter on Judgment Day

On a side note there are people that spend their entire lives translating the bible from one language to another, this is where the differences in the different versions of the bible come from. I admire those that can read the original text of the bible in the original languages.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    It is a sin to not defend oneself.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Senior Moderator
    Just a note...

off topic threads will be deleted and if the post does not add to the discussion, it too will be deleted.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    These post have shown that self-defense is a right, or obligation, not a sin in the teachings of many organized Churches.

However, many in this country would be amazed to learn that the eminent Baptist Minister and the father of the American nonviolent movement, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., also supported the use of a gun in self-defense.

"Finally, I contended that the debate over the question of self-defense was unnecessary since few people suggested that Negroes should not defend themselves as individuals when attacked. The question was not whether one should use his gun when his home was attacked, but whether it was tactically wise to use a gun while participating in an organized demonstration." Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? Chapter II, Black Power, Page 27, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.

"As we have seen, the first public expression of disenchantment with nonviolence arose around the question of "self-defense." In a sense this is a false issue, for the right to defend one's home and one's person when attacked has been guaranteed through the ages by common law." Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? Chapter II, Black Power, Page 55, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links