Anyone watch COPS?

Anyone watch COPS?

This is a discussion on Anyone watch COPS? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I noticed that in the most recent episode of COPS (on fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=cops) titled "Domestic Disturbances" there was a guy that got shot three times and ...

Thread: Anyone watch COPS?

Anyone watch COPS?

I noticed that in the most recent episode of COPS (on fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=cops) titled "Domestic Disturbances" there was a guy that got shot three times and was more or less okay. They had a few quick pictures of the gun but I couldn't ID it.

Looked to me like bigger than a 22lr but smaller than a 9mm. Maybe 380 auto? 32? There was nothing to provide scale, so I couldn't quite tell if it might indeed be a 22 or a 25.

Was amazed that the guy was walking and more or less fine after taking a gutshot!

It was a Keltec ,probably the P3at 380
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I'm sure he wasn't fine, it was just a matter of time before blood loss caused a loss of conciousness.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    I had a call a few months ago of someone getting shot.
    I find a teenage female shot in the back of the head just off the side of the spinal cord/MO. She was awake, sitting up on couch where 'friend' was helping hold a towel on her bloody face.
    Keltec 380 FMJ, went off the side of spinal cord, barely missed major blood vessels in neck, took out teeth and part of jaw, and exited out sinus under eye. She had surgery to reconstruct things and is ok.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Getting shot is a crap shoot. Sometimes a big round will cause little damage, and a puny round will find it's way to a special place. Sometimes death is instant, sometimes it takes minutes, hours, or days.

I've seen a girl who shot herself directly over the heart survive, because a rib deflected the bullet around to her back and out of the chest cavity. I've seen a guy get shot in the upper arm with a .22, but the bullet got into his chest cavity and caused him to bleed out through his mouth, all over his shirt and pants.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    I noticed that in the most recent episode of COPS (on fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=cops) titled "Domestic Disturbances" there was a guy that got shot three times and was more or less okay. They had a few quick pictures of the gun but I couldn't ID it.

Looked to me like bigger than a 22lr but smaller than a 9mm. Maybe 380 auto? 32? There was nothing to provide scale, so I couldn't quite tell if it might indeed be a 22 or a 25.

Was amazed that the guy was walking and more or less fine after taking a gutshot!
    I don't watch COPS anymore, but a few months ago, I saw an old episode in which a young guy was shot once with a .22lr (I think) and died on the scene after the officer tried to perform CPR. IIRC, the bullet went into his heart. That episode seemed to be from the late '80s to early '90s.

Must you be named Langley to work for the show. Watch the credits.

About 17 years ago, a friend of mine had enough of life and chose to shoot himself with a 1911. He put the gun under his jaw and pulled the trigger, one night after getting a DUI (his 3rd or 4th if I recall correctlly and he was 21-22). It passed between his jaw, threw his left orbital bone and out the left front lobe of his brain. He survived and is functional. He got back one of his first jobs working at Kroger. He still can't remember me, despite our going to school together and being one of my best friend's in the later years of high school and after. He has full mobility but has lost memories and sight of his left eye. This is with a .45. The body is an amazing machine that can sometimes survive the unsurvivable and sometimes gives out for the slightest things.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Sponsored Links