Blackberry Storm & The Lizard

This is a discussion on Blackberry Storm & The Lizard within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone have one? I switched from my RAZR to this Storm yesterday. I have 30 days to try it out and can return it with ...

Thread: Blackberry Storm & The Lizard

VIP Member

Blackberry Storm & The Lizard

Anyone have one? I switched from my RAZR to this Storm yesterday. I have 30 days to try it out and can return it with no penalty whatsoever. So far it seems fine to me, the touch screen takes a little getting used to, but I'm doing alright.

FWIW, here is a little incident that happened to me on my way to the cell phone store:

My FIL and I ate at a sandwich shop, when we went out to get in the car I noted that a lizard was on the hood. I really didn't think much about it, and figured he'd scurry away when I cranked the car. We drove off and went to a drug store, after I came out of the drug store, I was walking by the car and there was the lizard hitchhiker standing on the hood looking at me. HE RODE WITH US TO RITE-AID.

I decided he's ridden far enough, but I was not taking him back to the bushes near the sandwich shop and let him off at his home, I ain't running a lizard taxi. There looked to be some very nice bushes at Ride-Aid. I caught him, and rather than to squeeze and hold on to him, I'd just let him walk around my hand and arm while I walked toward the new bushes. He walked further and further up my arm and onto my shoulder. Whenever I looked toward him on my shoulder he'd run across my back to the other shoulder. Back and forth he went, and so now I couldn't catch him while he's playing games across my back.

I stand there quietly for a while, trying to be somewhat inconspicuous, at least as inconspicuous as one can be, standing alone with a lizard on my back while people are walking by. With the risk of looking even odder I decided to back up to the bushes hoping that the lizard would become attracted to the new foliage and bail off of me. I stood there for a while with nothing going on, and thinking it's apparent I'm breaching the public trust in appearing "normal". I'm pretty sure, I might be causing someone to go to YELLOW.

I could no longer sense any more scurrying, but the thought occurred to me that the lizard may have decided that the inside of my shirt may be more comfy than the Ride-Aid bushes. Undressing in the parking lot is pretty much over the top. I decided to leave, motivated by the expectations of a police car being dispatched to a possible "mental case" outside the drug store. As I quickly drove away headed to my next stop, a Verizon cell phone store, the thought occurred to me about the possibility of my new and best friend making a sudden appearance out of my shirt during the moment that the young sales girl, is showing me all the cool selling points of the Blackberry.

As it now stands the lizard is either residing in the new bushes, or discreetly bailed somewhere in the cell phone store. I'll watch the newspaper for a few days to see if some mishap occurred in the local cell phone store.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

i have a storm...... got one in november of 08,
    i am on my 2nd one, the orginal one wouldnt for some reason except the update so they replaced it.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

my friend has one and i've really thought about getting one but i'm gonna hold out for possibly the storm II which is due to release shortly, just google it. I have a few guys at work that have a BB Tour and they love it (I just love the touch phone though too much....god why can't verizon pickup the iPhone...)
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I can not get used to a touch screen. My fingers never hit the right letters texting and what not. Ill stick with regular buttons. My Fiancee and I comm with txt A LOT throughout the day. I have joked that AT&T probably rethinks our Unlimited texting agreement every month. Ill take the BOLD Blackberry next time... I currently have the Curve.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    As it now stands the lizard is either residing in the new bushes, or discreetly bailed somewhere in the cell phone store. I'll watch the newspaper for a few days to see if some mishap occurred in the local cell phone store.
    Mabye the little fellow will get a endorsement deal of the the ride. I too am looking for a new phone but I think my finger are to fat for the little buttons.

I have a BB Storm also. I do like it but sometimes I wish it had just regular keys instead the touch screen. Mine has been lagging pretty bad sometimes when texting lately though.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Mabye the little fellow will get a endorsement deal of the the ride. I too am looking for a new phone but I think my finger are to fat for the little buttons.
    i have big hands and fingers.... the storm works ok with my fingers
    actually i had more trouble doing the ipod .. the storm one can actually feel that a button is being pushed on the touch screen where the ipod at least the one i tried, i was always pushing to many keys....
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by jjkjr View Post
    i have big hands and fingers.... the storm works ok with my fingers
    Looking at your advatar dont you mean big paws?

I HAD one

I had the storm and would not recommend it to any one. Trying to answer a phone call and it would switch screens on me, more then once I would lose the call. It also lagged a lot. Of course I will say that I was spoiled by the Iphone which I had before and after.
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    was it the Geico lizard...lol

So, are you telling us that you picked up both a Blackberry Storm and a lizard and decided to return the lizard and keep the Storm?

I would have kept the lizard too!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Got it, hate it. Regardless of the salesman BS, I never got used to the touch screen and hitting wrong keys. The unit went bad and was replaced after 5 months which speaks to the quality or lack of. Will switch to iPhone when my plan is up. Great email function though.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bill View Post
    Got it, hate it. Regardless of the salesman BS, I never got used to the touch screen and hitting wrong keys. The unit went bad and was replaced after 5 months which speaks to the quality or lack of. Will switch to iPhone when my plan is up. Great email function though.
    JMHO..... if your fingers didnt work on the storm they will not work on the IPhone......... been there done that.... and mine big fat size 14 ring finger wasnt user friendly with the iphone. my fat fingers work better with the storm...... still have problems but it is a whole lot better than the iphone, cause i could at least see which one button lit up before i push to make sure i got the correct button.
    again JMHO and 2 cents.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

My wife and I both have the storm. We love them. I like the touchscreen and don't really have any problems typing with it... it just takes a bit of getting used to is all.

Links