And you thought the post office was bad...RANT

This is a discussion on And you thought the post office was bad...RANT within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I agree.. That is what ya get with the government in control... I try hard to NOT support UPS when I can use Fed-ex or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And you thought the post office was bad...RANT

I agree.. That is what ya get with the government in control... I try hard to NOT support UPS when I can use Fed-ex or UPS,.... Just like I try hard to buy USA products whenever I can...

On a side Rant,.. The other day I bought a new flag for my son to take to school for 9/11,,,, Got home and found a label,.. "Made in CHINA"..... WHAT??? It is an AMERICAN FLAG????..... Good thing my daily fly flags are made in the USA,.. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2. Remove Ads

cmb
    I agree with the USPS being far worse, I have had stuff delayed with UPS but the good ol post office... nothing like it. I shipped some clothing to a place I was moving for someone to have embroidered locally so when I arrived I would have it ready. 4 weeks later I moved, 3 weeks later the package arrived, first and last time I didn't use a tracking number! That package rode all over the country when it should have never left the state on its 2 day journey!

I have had to deall with them doing a lot of bulk mailings in the past and I am so glad I don't do that anymore...

USPS folks also must take a test for NO sense of humor! i went it a few days ago for my wife to get a "roll" of stamps... Waited the obligatory 10 minutes because no one was in line... and then asked for 100 stamps. Female postal employee said, "would you like one roll of a 100 or two rolls of 50" to which I replied, "whichever is cheaper"! (I thought I was freakin hilarious) I don't think she got it, she just said in a straight face monotone, "they are both the same price."

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    I agree.. That is what ya get with the government in control... I try hard to NOT support UPS when I can use Fed-ex or UPS,.... Just like I try hard to buy USA products whenever I can...

On a side Rant,.. The other day I bought a new flag for my son to take to school for 9/11,,,, Got home and found a label,.. "Made in CHINA"..... WHAT??? It is an AMERICAN FLAG????..... Good thing my daily fly flags are made in the USA,.. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Sorry for the rabbit trail, but this is a good thing isn't it? Our country is SO GOOD that other countries print OUR FLAG.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Petty tyrants are generally the type of people who end up in control of many local and regional offices in large corporations.
    Which usually see a drop in productivity and an increase in overhead costs at about the same time as control measures are implemented to control the costs and expenses. Thereby necessitating deep(er) cuts in spending to curb the rising costs until ultimately the poor underpaid WORKERS are laid off so that upper management gets to keep it's perks, bonuses, and golden parachutes.

Old song, ancient music.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

Pretty good........

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I agree with the USPS being far worse, I have had stuff delayed with UPS but the good ol post office... nothing like it. I shipped some clothing to a place I was moving for someone to have embroidered locally so when I arrived I would have it ready. 4 weeks later I moved, 3 weeks later the package arrived, first and last time I didn't use a tracking number! That package rode all over the country when it should have never left the state on its 2 day journey!

I have had to deall with them doing a lot of bulk mailings in the past and I am so glad I don't do that anymore...

USPS folks also must take a test for NO sense of humor! i went it a few days ago for my wife to get a "roll" of stamps... Waited the obligatory 10 minutes because no one was in line... and then asked for 100 stamps. Female postal employee said, "would you like one roll of a 100 or two rolls of 50" to which I replied, "whichever is cheaper"! (I thought I was freakin hilarious) I don't think she got it, she just said in a straight face monotone, "they are both the same price."
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Sorry guys, I have to disagree with you about UPS. My wife and I receive about a 100 packages a year via UPS and have had little to no problems.

But, it could just be luck.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I had a product that was shipped from Texas coming to Michigan via Fed-Ex who managed to get it to Wisconsin overnight then to Florida in two nights then a week back to Michigan then it arrived via USPS two days after that. Glad I wasn't in a hurry :(
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

That's the problem with FedEx, you never know these days if it's really coming via FedEx or being handed of to USPS. they lost a Christmas gift for my wife like that one year. If I'm paying a premium for FedEx shipping, it damned well better be shipped by FedEx.

I've seen some pretty screwy routing from UPS over the last two years, it's about as bad as the airlines that make you fly hundreds of miles out of the way instead of getting straight to the destination.
    Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links