P95 gets airborne!

P95 gets airborne!

This is a discussion on P95 gets airborne! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Beaut' spring day and went to help a local guy with a flying field sort out some computer issues, web stuff etc. Semi social call ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assistant Administrator

P95 gets airborne!

Beaut' spring day and went to help a local guy with a flying field sort out some computer issues, web stuff etc. Semi social call really as well as excuse to get bike out!

Business over with - he got out his old 2 seat ultralite and off we went for a 30 minute trip locally. He is not that far from my place and so we did some fly-overs there and around.

I did I think post a few aerial pics some time back taken by American Images but this was a chance to photograph things for myself, as well as nearby spots. Unfortunately yet - winter brown is still somewhat the color tho trees soon will be out.

First is a view across to where I am - bit right of center on top edge of the big long field - usually planted with corn.

Same place but from another angle - home is just left of center.

Just up the road a mile away is Pleasantville, looking approx to the North. Allegheny range in distance.

This is the guy's house and flying field - a very nice 2,000' plus strip - good too for my RC planes! Landing strip is in top third of pic.

Coming in on final - damn, I love flying!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Looks like a fun trip

Awesome!

VIP Member
    Looks like a BLAST, Chris!

The middle photo is a really nice view...very scenic (and looks like a pretty quiet and peaceful area )
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

niiiiice. i wouldn't mind living farther north, but an intense hatred of snow limits my choices,lol.

Looks like fun, I like to be able to go up every so often in a little plane and look around. You're not the only one who had an adventure today. I got to go by 56' yacht to Rockland, ME today! ok it was work.
    Live Free or Die

Gotta love them ultralights! By the way P95Carry, didn't know you were an RC'er. Done a bunch of flying myself, but unfortunately since we moved several years ago, all my stuff is still in the attic, and somehow haven't gotten around to dusting things off and flying again. You can always post some pics of your planes. Maybe no one else is interested, but I'd look at them.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Great pics, Chris! Fun afternoon! It's darn near summer here - so its a shock to see bare trees.

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - yeah still bare trees, tho last week things were way further ahead in DC and in Tulsa well - different again!. Soon be green tho.

Yoshi - also used to love sailing tho always as a guest - long time since that!

Rick - indeed yes - sorta semi rural round here. Lots of space and I like it a lot. Fairly peaceful but like most places - still the darned druggies all over the darned place - it's a disease!

Dick - ahhh a fellow RC'er eh. Well get them things dusted off dude and get flying! I had my first flight yesterday with an RC plane - just a small 40 size aerobat - realized I could still do most of the tricks without wrecking!! Most reassuring after winter!

Other planes - well here are one or two -

1/4 scale of an old Ryan STA - bit of a stooger but still fun.

Then a 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup - trying to sell that on Ebay, because trying to downsize. These bigger planes are a PITA to transport!!!

Finally for now - my beloved Ultra Sport with a .75 - that thing would hang on the prop, do all tricks and no worries about excessive G's - so strong. Sadly I wrecked it last year - total pilot error!! Sad.

Chris - P95

Hey Chris
    I know the feeling. I built a corsair the hard way, balsa, paper and dope. Had a fuel leak and it went down in flames.

I'm envious, but only just a little.

The Mississippi from Flight level 410.

My crew.

Seriously P95, I'd trade a ride in the Lear for one in the UL. You can't beat that wind in your face.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Assistant Administrator
    That sucks Geo - really does.

I am trying to finish a Telemaster I built the airframe for it three plus years ago - thought I'd soon have it finished! Nope - covering takes ages and when you total up all the hours spent - it sure hurts when all you have to take home is a garbage bag full of scrap!!!
    Chris - P95

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Looks like alot of fun. Thanks for sharing the experience with us Chris! Good pics.
    Curry

Lead Moderator
    Looks like it was a great day for a flight, you know how to pick them. And the little ones look cool!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

First is a view across to where I am - bit right of center on top edge of the big long field - usually planted with corn.
    Great pics!

I just realized that about a month ago, I was in your neighborhood looking at an old diesel Mercedes sedan a guy had advertized in the Trader's Guide (his name was Perry, a caucasian South African with a thick accent, worked in Altoona.)

His house was on the street that borders the stream behind your house on that first pic, probably just a block or two from your place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links