Great quote!

Great quote!

This is a discussion on Great quote! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just heard this on TV, in reference to the honor student killed with a railroad tie and gun control in Chicago... "There are no deadly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great quote!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Great quote!

Just heard this on TV, in reference to the honor student killed with a railroad tie and gun control in Chicago...

"There are no deadly weapons, only deadly people."

Glenn Beck
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    He is the next Rush.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Amen, Glenn!

I have just spent the last 4 days aggressively engaging libs who were hammering on the "Should Glenn Beck be fired" poll on Facebook.....

I'm glad that is an unmoderated poll because I really got some folks angry with cold, hard facts. At one point I made the observation that I had been called a racist and a bigot MORE times than my late Grandad......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I love it! I like Glenn Beck. He is always spot on.
    MN

Ha. The latest mantra from the state controlled media is "he gets paid to rile people up." All he does is point out the corruption and hypocrisy in an ever growing government. He does this by using their own words and actions.

If the stuff he points out doesn't get you riled up, then you just don't care or are blind.

You should have seen the state run media hoopla in my neck of the woods, last week. Seems all they could find to interview were angry hippies that didn't want him to get the key to the city of Mt. Vernon. They couldn't find one supporter, or maybe they didn't try?

All you hear are folks calling him names and not intelligently refuting his points.

Ha. The latest mantra from the state controlled media is "he gets paid to rile people up."
    Well, he does. There's nothing wrong with that. Anything that helps people pull the finger out is a good thing, IMO.

Some of what he does is stretch things a bit far. But, much of what he does is to ask simple questions about a lot of very interesting things.

Doesn't mean you'll like his take on it, always. Doesn't mean you'll agree with all the points made. But he's certainly digging into more issues and asking more pertinent questions than any ten mass media hacks on the major channels of television, radio or newspaper.

A nice bonus is that he's not asking that I dig my own grave and smile. All the "feel good" types at prime-time news hour attempt to have us philosophically do exactly that. I'd prefer to think a bit, to have something to chew on. I prefer that over a warm blanket and pat on my little serf head, any day of the week.

"There are no deadly weapons, only deadly people."
    Any "dangerous" baseball bat just layin' there is a stick.

Any "dangerous" knife just layin' there is a sharp, pointy tool to cut things.

Any "dangerous" firearm just layin' there is a life-saving, self-defense tool.

Any "dangerous" blackjack just layin' there is ... well, a blackjack. You got me, on that one. Still, it's not dangerous until it's being aimed at someone's head, in the hand of a dangerous person.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Right on!

I just posted a comment on our local rag's online forum mentioning the Chicago incident. An anti-gunner claimed that we don't need guns since we live in a "civilized society". HA!! On which planet would that be?
    Don't forget to bow as the chariot passes.

My response would have been that watching an honor student being bludgeoned to death with a 40 pound piece of timber is far from "civilized"... a good example of civilized behavior would have been if a law-abiding citizen with handgun had euthanized a dozen of these animals before Derrion Albert was killed. That's some video I'd like to see on YouTube...

Your mileage may vary...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Two things about Beck that aren't being mentioned by those who espouse his dialogs.

One: Beck caused Fox to almost lose a bunch of marketing funds. Fox moved the commericals to other programs but has acknowledged that if Beck causes them to lose revenue, then he is gone. Advertisers do not like what he is saying/doing. And, when advertisers do not want ot advertise on your program, then you are not saying/doing what they feel is a message they want to support. IOW, you aren't doing what the advertising world believes is appropriate or for the good of the general population/society.

Two: I watched Beck the other day rant about how we should not be "indoctrinating a captive audience of school kids" over the music video a bunch of grade schoolers produced and put on the web.

Amazing, isn't it Mr. Beck that it is now YOU who is railing against classroom indoctrination when only a few years ago your "conservative party" was the one condoning MANDATORY school prayer, divine design and other religious themed subjects to public school kids. How does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot and how hypocritical can someone get?

Glenn Beck is an ashat who engages in melodrama as a regular part of his program in order to draw in viewers. He is the "Maury" of fox news and his program is just as scripted and fabricated.

And just like Maury, he delivers the evidence, as indisputable as a DNA test...

"Yes, Mr President, you ARE the father of this morass..."

Yep
    Gun control is two hands on a 500 Smith/Wesson

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    ...when only a few years ago your "conservative party" was the one condoning MANDATORY school prayer, divine design and other religious themed subjects to public school kids.
    What?

Prayer was on the ban list when *I* was in high school during the late 80s. The conservative party had to step up and defend those who wanted to pray. Other than public calls for national prayer or public officials requesting that Americans pray during a disaster there was nothing pushed for "mandatory" prayer on a state or fed level.

And "intelligent design" (as it is actually called) wasn't added to any curriculum until AFTER decades of evolution was being mandatorily taught. Even now it is presented as "an alternate theory" while evolution is still taught as fact.

There's no question that Glenn uses some dynamic behavior on his show, but in the world of entertainment (which is ALL of television regardless of whether they label a show as "comedy" "drama" or "news") that's how you stay on the air. And, if I'm not mistaken, it's called the "Glenn Beck Show" and at least doesn't attempt to pass itself off as "News" or a "Report."

And advertisers never NEVER make ANY decision based on what they believe is "appropriate or for the good of the general population/society." Their decisions are based on generating the most revenue possible. This means they couldn't give a crap about a commentator's message. All they care about is how the buying public will respond to it and whether or not they want to be associated with those results. Business is about making money, and marketing is about popularity. The kind of businesses who can afford a prime time ad slot do not respond to anything other than quarterly fiscal reports.

Finally, I don't really care how Beck runs his show because the quality of the messenger does not determine the quality of the message. The man speaks truth more often than most anyone else I've seen on the air.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I was watching his take on the Montana APF on 8/28. Kind of wierd stuff going on there. He seems logical and knows his stuff. No different then Alex Jones imo.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    What?

Prayer was on the ban list when *I* was in high school during the late 80s. The conservative party had to step up and defend those who wanted to pray. Other than public calls for national prayer or public officials requesting that Americans pray during a disaster there was nothing pushed for "mandatory" prayer on a state or fed level.

And "intelligent design" (as it is actually called) wasn't added to any curriculum until AFTER decades of evolution was being mandatorily taught. Even now it is presented as "an alternate theory" while evolution is still taught as fact.

There's no question that Glenn uses some dynamic behavior on his show, but in the world of entertainment (which is ALL of television regardless of whether they label a show as "comedy" "drama" or "news") that's how you stay on the air. And, if I'm not mistaken, it's called the "Glenn Beck Show" and at least doesn't attempt to pass itself off as "News" or a "Report."

And advertisers never NEVER make ANY decision based on what they believe is "appropriate or for the good of the general population/society." Their decisions are based on generating the most revenue possible. This means they couldn't give a crap about a commentator's message. All they care about is how the buying public will respond to it and whether or not they want to be associated with those results. Business is about making money, and marketing is about popularity. The kind of businesses who can afford a prime time ad slot do not respond to anything other than quarterly fiscal reports.

Finally, I don't really care how Beck runs his show because the quality of the messenger does not determine the quality of the message. The man speaks truth more often than most anyone else I've seen on the air.
    Great response! You are right my friend!
    MN

And then there are those.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Two things about Beck that aren't being mentioned by those who espouse his dialogs.

One: Beck caused Fox to almost lose a bunch of marketing funds. Fox moved the commericals to other programs but has acknowledged that if Beck causes them to lose revenue, then he is gone. Advertisers do not like what he is saying/doing. And, when advertisers do not want ot advertise on your program, then you are not saying/doing what they feel is a message they want to support. IOW, you aren't doing what the advertising world believes is appropriate or for the good of the general population/society.

Two: I watched Beck the other day rant about how we should not be "indoctrinating a captive audience of school kids" over the music video a bunch of grade schoolers produced and put on the web.

Amazing, isn't it Mr. Beck that it is now YOU who is railing against classroom indoctrination when only a few years ago your "conservative party" was the one condoning MANDATORY school prayer, divine design and other religious themed subjects to public school kids. How does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot and how hypocritical can someone get?

Glenn Beck is an ashat who engages in melodrama as a regular part of his program in order to draw in viewers. He is the "Maury" of fox news and his program is just as scripted and fabricated.
    who cannot see the forest, as the 'danged trees are blocking the view!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links