DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S.

This is a discussion on DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I agree with blinky. What kind of ******* brandishes a weapon in front of a class of curious young kids. They obviously would look up ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S.

I agree with blinky. What kind of ******* brandishes a weapon in front of a class of curious young kids. They obviously would look up to this guy and think "he's cool". The whole situation is backasswards. It's kind of like, "Hey kids, don't have sex...but this is a condom and this is how to use it." The entire presentation was unsafe and unprofessional. I think the question needs to be asked that if he had accidently shot and killed a kid in that classroom, who would be getting sued???
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

2. Remove Ads

haha he won't win, and he deserves to loose for being so careless with a gun in a room full of people, what a moron!

VIP Member
    Nice... a safety instructor that can't keep his finger off the trigger and/or doesn't know his gun is loaded. What an imbecile. Are there any rules he didn't violate? It was loaded... He put his finger on the trigger... It was obviously pointed at himself... He was showing off a loaded gun and complimenting himself on his professionalism...

For me, I'm glad I've seen his face, so I know to keep away from him and take cover if he ever puts his hand in his pocket.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Meanwhile as he limps over to another gun, the people in the class either tell him not to leave, they appear far smarter than him. We had the same disscussion up here and the same opinion of him.

VIP Member
    Everytime I see this video, I wonder to myself if he was a bonafide DEA agent......and not just some dangerous fool that was impersonating one.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

What amazes me even more is after the idiot did that the smart adults in the room let him carry on. I would have definitely pulled all of the kids out of the room to safety because clearly this guy is unsafe. But noooo they just sat there letting him go on. Man that guy should win the Darwin award for this year.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

I think those "Security Guard Theater" videos are aweful, and it is unprofessional to leak a video like that out for entertainment.
    Live Free or Die

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi
    I think those "Security Guard Theater" videos are aweful, and it is unprofessional to leak a video like that out for entertainment.
    I'm gonna have to +1 that.

VIP Member
    He appeared on the Today show this morning with his attorney and was interviewed by Matt Lauer (sp?). Apparently, his basic claim is that he has lost the ability to do his job because of the ridicule of other LEOs when they discern that he is the individual in the video. He was characterized by Lauer as a "highly-decorated, sixteen-year veteran undercover officer of the DEA." Interestingly, he (the [former?] agent) used the term "accidental discharge" instead of negligent discharge to characterize the firing of his weapon.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    To bad he didn't put another bullet somewhere that would have qualified him for the Darwin awards.

I'm supprised that their arn't a bunch of suits filled by the parents of the studends. If my child was in that classroom, This guys name and picture would be al over the papers from my suing his A$$ off.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links