DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S.

This is a discussion on DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S. Seeks damages for distribution of humiliating gun accident video APRIL 11--A Drug Enforcement Administration agent who ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S.

VIP Member

Seeks damages for distribution of humiliating gun accident video
    APRIL 11--A Drug Enforcement Administration agent who stars in a popular online video that shows him shooting himself in the foot during a weapons demonstration for Florida children is suing over the tape's release, claiming that his career has been crippled and he's become a laughingstock due to the embarrassing clip's distribution. Lee Paige, 45, blames the video's release on DEA officials in an April 7 federal lawsuit filed against the U.S. government. A copy of the pro se complaint by Paige, a DEA agent since 1990, can be found below. According to the lawsuit, Paige was making a "drug education presentation" in April 2004 to a Florida youth group when his firearm (a Glock .40) accidentally discharged. The shooting occurred moments after Paige told the children that he was the only person in the room professional enough to carry the weapon. The accident was filmed by an audience member, and the tape, Paige claims, was turned over to the DEA. The drug agency subsequently "improperly, illegally, willfully and/or intentionally" allowed the tape to be disseminated. As a result, Paige--pictured above in a still from the video--has been the "target of jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments" directed at him in restaurants, grocery stores, and airports. Paige, who writes that he was "once regarded as one of the best undercover agents, if not the best, in the DEA," points to the clip's recent airing on popular television shows and via the Internet as the reason he can no longer work undercover. He also notes that he is no longer "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations."

Click on the picture for the video... warning, he might sue you.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I don't think it was the clip that turned him into a laughing stock, although it did help.

Guess no one can take responsibility for their actions any more. Did he try and sue the gun manufacturer?? Guess that fell through.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    well, stupid is a stupid does.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    He kept on with his presentation. He had to be bleeding all over the place????
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    April 2004 to a Florida youth group when his firearm (a Glock .40) accidentally discharged. I thought you had to put the trigger (a voulentary reaction) inorder for a gun to ""go off"". As the chior here knows, "WE TREAT ALL WEAPONS AS IF THEY WERE LOADED AT ALL TIMES"

I hope this guy loses his law suit. Its people like this today why this country is so sue happy, and now everything has to go through huge legal processes. Sheesh!
    Curry

Anyone who has watched that video knows that that guy is not exactly the brain trust of the DEA, so it's no surprise that' he's trying to sue the U.S. After this attempt fails, I am sure he will try suing Glock next, then the ammo manufacturer. Possibly the school system after that.

VIP Member
    Watching the video will prove to anyone that he was not the "only person in the room professional enough to carry the weapon." In fact it sort of indicates that he was the only person in the room NOT professional enough. After all no one else shot themselves in the foot.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    Watching the video will prove to anyone that he was not the "only person in the room professional enough to carry the weapon." In fact it sort of indicates that he was the only person in the room NOT professional enough. After all no one else shot themselves in the foot.
    Bingo.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

Administrator

Talking All I Can Say Is:

They Don't Call It "Shooting Yourself In The Foot" For No Reason.

I wonder if he put his foot in his mouth right after he shot it?

He should KICK HIS OWN for calling even more attention to his dumb boo~boo by suing the government.

I guess he figures that if he is forever going to be known as a clutz....he might as well try to be a wealthy one!

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

William Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream", Act 3 scene 2
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Senior Moderator
    Guys, like it or not, I think he's got a pretty solid case. No, I'm not defending what he did, but it is pretty careless of the DEA to allow this video to "leak" out. I predict he's gonna get some money.

Wait how did the glock accidently discharge when his finger was on the trigger

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Wait how did the glock accidently discharge when his finger was on the trigger
    Bud,
    The accident is his fault; I think the agent's accepted that. But as I understand it, what he's suing about is the DEA letting the video get out and plastered all over the web.

I have to say, I don't understand the DEA allowing that to get out. That makes them look bad as well as the agent.

well it was in public school so person who shot it didnt have to give up all copys

Senior Moderator
    Bud I may be remembering this wrong, but I was thinking the video was made by a private individual and he gave the tape to the DEA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links