Had a interesting lunch Monday

This is a discussion on Had a interesting lunch Monday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had my 1st ever eye exam Monday...yes...I now will be a true 4 eyed geek After the appt, the wife and I went to ...

Thread: Had a interesting lunch Monday

Had a interesting lunch Monday

I had my 1st ever eye exam Monday...yes...I now will be a true 4 eyed geek
    After the appt, the wife and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch. The laws here in TN have changed so I can now carry in places that sell booze for on site. YEAAA.
    Anyway...we walk in and I notice this older fella at the salad bar. Tan boots, 5.11 pants, 5.11 jacket. Then I notice his friend right behind him, same manner of dress. Then I notice number 3, only difference was the 5.11 vest in place of the 5.11 jacket. I nudged my wife and said "what do you see"
    She said...you in a few years
    I know two of them were left handed, carrying OWB. I think they were Homeland Security..at least that was the ballcap one of them was wearing. Sat right across from them, I was actually a bit more comfortable than ususal in a crowded place.
    I keep hearding all the talk about 5.11s and like items screaming GUN GUN I CARRY A GUN. I did not see one person in the place even give them a 2nd look...well other than me. They drew no attention at the salad bar, no one walking past them even give them a 2nd look.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

2. Remove Ads

Us sheep dogs tend to be more aware of other alphas amongst the flock of sheep. Nice staying aware. I tend to spot those guys too very regularly. I make a game of it. Sometimes they notice me noticing them and give me a knowing nod.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

They scream gun only to the people who know what to look for. To borrow the terms of the saying, only the "wolves" and the "sheepdogs" seem to notice.

I can remember once in Illinois not too many months ago, I was at a truck stop walking into the burger king to grab a quick bite, when this gentleman was walking out and wearing a vest, the first thought that went through my mind was "I thought concealed carry was illegal here?"

The point being, I know what to look for, you know what to look for, the BG's know what to look for, but the general public doesn't usually have a clue.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

There was a post on another forum last year where a cop took his truck in for an oil change and had his gun in a fanny pack,when he got out one of the guys changing oil asked what kind of gun he was carrying.He said what makes you think I have a gun,and the guy said he just got out of prison and they now are learning from other crooks how to spot people who may have concealed guns,and a man with a fanny pack is a dead giveaway,not to mention looking for any bulges under clothing or tactical clothing
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Plus there's always the high and tight hair cut with the cheesy cop mustache.

My brother in law sported that look for a while and I would tease him by asking him if it was mandatory to have that mustache before leaving the academy?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

What did you two eat?

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    OMG, that pic is wrong, on so many levels
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

There were no staches in the group :-) no fanny packs, I don't think they noticed me carrying a bobtail 1911 under a camp shirt so I'm not sure about their SA. I'm never "at rest" when I'm out in public.
    I don't doubt the BGs are studying up, but I have never seen anyone even give me a second look and I fit the profile. 5.11s, high and tight haricut, dark sunglasses, etc and I'm a computer nerd.

We had the new prime burgers and a salad bar. I have to say their food quality has improved
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Administrator
    Its been my experiance that those who dress the part typically stop there.

and it isnt the general public I'd worry about if I became a walking 5.11 billboard someday.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links