Dont make the raccoons mad either

This is a discussion on Dont make the raccoons mad either within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pack of Raccoons Mauls 74-Year-Old Florida WomanSee More News 10/6/2009 A Polk County, Fla. woman was mauled by a pack of five raccoons on Sunday ...

Thread: Dont make the raccoons mad either

Pack of Raccoons Mauls 74-Year-Old Florida WomanSee More News
    10/6/2009

A Polk County, Fla. woman was mauled by a pack of five raccoons on Sunday after she tried to chase them from her yard.

The raccoons surrounded Gretchen Whitted, 74, when she fell and bit her extensively from her neck to her legs. A neighbor called for help after hearing Whitted crying for help and seeing her covered in blood.

"We're not talking about a lot of little bites here," Sheriff Grady Judd said. "She was filleted."

Whitted was taken to a hospital and treated for rabies, but authorities do not think the raccoons were infected with the disease.

Animal control is currently working to catch the pack of raccoons.

Been preparing for years for a Zombie attack, not even realizing the danger of marauding tribes of racoons. Time to rethink strategy.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Disparity of force ,even the coons are going gangsta,they weren't born with masks for nothing
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

LEO can you id the attackers ms?. No sir they were all wearing masks.

Dang, That's crazy! She obviously wasn't using the proper coon chasing tool to get rid of the little buggers. Something that goes boom would have been better me thinks.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Every now and then they make a pass at our house and trip some alarm or light. I had never heard of a raccoon attacking a person. Guess I had better be more careful scaring them off.
    LEO can you id the attackers ms?. No sir they were all wearing masks.

Had a sick coon charge at me once just before I shot it. Must have been horrifying to be mauled by five of them. Vicious little buggers.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

A good way to deal with them!!!!

From the off topic section of SaturnFans.com | The Saturn Authority for Saturn Enthusiasts.

My brother had the best method for dealing with racoons. He was having them steal from his garbage cans and make a mess of the yard, and they were becoming quite bold, challenging him on his patio. One time they were out barbequeing, and one strolled right up and made fight at them - it wanted the food on the BBQ. My brother responded by taking a chicken breast, injecting it with the hottest hot sauce he could find (he's won hot wing eating contests, so I assure you it was HOT). He put it down, racoon came up and grabbed it, ran a short distance, then started eating it. Before long he was gagging and scratching at his tongue, making funny noises and eyes bugging out. Soon he ran away, and he never returned. That was this past summer, now my brother's got another raccoon tearing the garbage up (may even be the same one), so he's gonna do the same thing with the meat and hot sauce.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Coons that don't cause trouble stay alive, those that are a problem die.

I have one Coon that grew up with my cats and is like a pet, it eats right next to the cats. I also have a gang of "wild' ones that are my emergency food rations. None have really caused a problem yet. There are many Coons hit along the Highway dailey which helps keep the population down. My Swamp Couger has helped keep the Coons, Pasums, and coyotes in check. The Swamp Bear keeps the Homless People of my property so It really is sort of peacefull here.

Sounds like the perfect place to live.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Random thought: What do coons taste like? Possum I heard was really greasy.

If that happened to me I'm pretty sure I would have ended up with a couple of self inflicted gunshot wounds to the leg...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Coons can be nothing short of vicious. I've seen what they can do to a good hound dog.
    A pack of coons in a coordinated attack is frightening to consider!
    As far as taste, young coon is good, tender meat.
    Never tried possum.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Now just who was it that asked, "Why do you think you need to carry in your own backyard?"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We had a coon take residence in our county court house. We would come into work every morning and the office would be ransacked. We finally trapped him and had Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources take him and release him in the nearby Forrest. They are cute but very vicious.

Here is the little guy below:

Sponsored Links