One of those good days. A bit long.

This is a discussion on One of those good days. A bit long. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I haven't been to the range in about 2 months been side tracked with other things. Hauled all the gear in and caught up on ...

Thread: One of those good days. A bit long.

One of those good days. A bit long.

I haven't been to the range in about 2 months been side tracked with other things. Hauled all the gear in and caught up on the news with the owners. There was a young couple (late 20's) the looking at guns you could tell the female was new to shooting. I go in and start shooting 100 rounds of 45, 100 rounds of 380, and 50 rounds of 38 (that lil sob wears me out). I go back to the 45 and start another 100 when the couple comes in with a rented 22 naturally the guy is teaching her this and that with the target ran out to 25 yards and trying to make her hit it. I ran the next 100 through the 45 and got the mossy out I saw the guy look at me like ohoh (in a good way) loaded it up with #8's and ran 18 shells through it pretty quick naturally destroying targets at 10 yrds. I started packing up and the guy asked if he could see the Mossy naturally I said yes and he just loved it asked if he wanted to shoot it and you know the answer. Put up a fresh target and he wore it out all the time his wife was looking on she asked if she could try he was a lil hesitant but let her go ahead first round shook her a bit but she finished all 6 and loved the red dot sights. Here comes the fun part I said I noticed you are shooting a 22 and you just handled a 12 ga would you like to try a little bit stronger handgun she was all up for it as was hubby.

Got the 380 out ran a fresh target out to 7 yrds and told her to point and shot all 7 in COM. One more mag all 7 COM not tight but COM. Another mag at 10 yrds all COM she could shoot. Then hubby says move it out to 20 yrds then I have to go into the whole distance spill and he gets it. Here is where I screwed up I ask if she wanted to try the 38 SURE she said I forgot I had reload with PD ammo +p . Had her go to single action BANG scared the crap outta her I apologized and told them my mistake. So we went back to the 380 and I let her run another 50 or so rounds through it. She looked comfy so I think they will do well getting their CHP'S. And I think hubby understands a little more about PD instead of driving tacks.
    Last edited by jbum; October 9th, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

2. Remove Ads

RMS
    Sounds like you did good. It is almost as enjoyable to help someone shoot as it is to do the shooting yourself.

It was fun to watch her with the Mossy.

Isn't it amazing how the gun range can just brighen up one's day?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good for you jbum. This is exactly what is needed for new gun owners or those who really didn't like guns all that much but decided to try them out.

What you did was really drive home the point that firearms can be used in a good way and drive the liberal nonsense away for at least a moment.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links