Full immersion baptism...

This is a discussion on Full immersion baptism... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Patti I dropped mine in the dog's water bowl. I tried to dry it out with a blow dryer. It didn't work. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full immersion baptism...

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    I dropped mine in the dog's water bowl.

I tried to dry it out with a blow dryer.

It didn't work.
    I did the exact same thing with my new Razor when they came out a few years back. Man was I po'd. Slid right outa my shirt pocket when I leaned over to put her water bowl down. Thinkin back on it, it was pretty funny to see the look on my dogs face when it plopped into the water. , she did the RCA dog cocked head thing.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Can you hear me now?

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Rounds View Post
    Since you Baptized it, maybe it'll be " Born Again" .

Just a joke. A corny one at that.
    My mind was turning over trying to find a really clever Christian tie-in.

And then you beat me to it.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

No one carries a BUP J/K : )
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

It's a pretty freaking long way between Abilene and Texarkana, with a k that is. You didn't notice the shift in weight when you were picking the coffee up to drink. The clunk, clunk of the phone going up and down back and forth.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Mine got baptised between brownsville and mercedes tx,I was riding my bike when we hit a thundershower and it lasted for 30 miles of pouring rain,when I got home I noticed my phone hadn't done too welol,I took the battery out and blew on it a couple times battery back in and it came back to life,I was already wondering how to get all my phone numbers back
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    It's a pretty freaking long way between Abilene and Texarkana, with a k that is. You didn't notice the shift in weight when you were picking the coffee up to drink. The clunk, clunk of the phone going up and down back and forth.
    One thousand comedians...

Actually, I had a three cup holder between the seats. I put the coffee in the first holder and the cell in the third holder. I was very smart, you see. I thought that if the coffee spilled, it would go into the second holder. Well, it must have been a big bump because half the coffee "jumped" the second holder and managed a perfect dive into the third holder. Being late at night I noticed nothing till I got to the hotel. The cup did seem a bit light when I lifted it.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

My son baptized his phone in the Gulf of Mexico while shore fishing...

The third time he did it, the phone decided to no longer work for him!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    No one carries a BUP J/K : )
    Actually I do in my car, prepaid instead of a contract.....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    One thousand comedians...

Actually, I had a three cup holder between the seats. I put the coffee in the first holder and the cell in the third holder. I was very smart, you see. I thought that if the coffee spilled, it would go into the second holder. Well, it must have been a big bump because half the coffee "jumped" the second holder and managed a perfect dive into the third holder. Being late at night I noticed nothing till I got to the hotel. The cup did seem a bit light when I lifted it.
    See, now that makes much more sense than not noticing it being placed into your cup of coffee.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Usually you are ok if you IMMEDIATELY remove the battery, and allow it to *air dry*. This may take several days or even a week.

Then, when you put the battery back in and power up, it should be ok functionally, assuming all the liquid has been dried out.

Unfortunately, dried coffee, especially if there were dairy products in there, is going to make for a smelly and possibly unsanitary mess!

And yea, there are those dots on a lot of phones.

Distinguished Member

Wonders never cease!

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Usually you are ok if you IMMEDIATELY remove the battery, and allow it to *air dry*. This may take several days or even a week.

Then, when you put the battery back in and power up, it should be ok functionally, assuming all the liquid has been dried out.

Unfortunately, dried coffee, especially if there were dairy products in there, is going to make for a smelly and possibly unsanitary mess!

And yea, there are those dots on a lot of phones.
    So, I look at Paul's post. Hmmm, I do have a backup battery. I wonder... Just put it in. surprise! It works... so far. So maybe cellphones really do have a soul?! Thanks to all. Yes, I can hear you, as a matter of fact.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Wait! You mean there's a connection?

So, the fact that my laptop died moments after I spilled that cup of coffee in it wasn't just a coincidence?

Who knew?
    Yes, this is quite the informative forum, Michael.

The story about the razor in the toilet reminded me of this. I saw John Madden speak at a Peter Lowe seminar years ago. He was talking about a particular group of defensive players (half backs, something like that, I'm a baseball guy) being nuts. He said he was in a locker room and saw one of his players accidentally drop a dollar out of his pocket into a toilet. The player stood there for a minute, took his wallet out, dropped a $50 in and then reached in for both of them.

He asked the player what he was doing and the player said "You didn't think I was going in there for a dollar, did you?"

Bummer!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links