Hate Bug and Spiders?

Hate Bug and Spiders?

This is a discussion on Hate Bug and Spiders? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have had concerns about using chemicals and collars for my pets. I had been researching the use of 'garlic' as someone had suggested, but ...

Thread: Hate Bug and Spiders?

Hate Bug and Spiders?

I have had concerns about using chemicals and collars for my pets. I had been researching the use of 'garlic' as someone had suggested, but with input from the vet, came up with 'cedar oil'.

This stuff... http://www.cedarcidestore.com/cedarproducts.html

I did a lot of research and read both pos/neg reviews and weighed the info.
    After reading quite a bit of material, I decided to give it a try. In less than two weeks and as many applications, the ticks are gone...along with about 15 fire ant hills.
    I disturbed each hill and then hit them with a double spray...gone...all gone in just a couple of weeks. I also sprayed the back of the house and the usual spiders have found other quarters (probably the neighbors' houses).

When I had questions about applications and various products, I simply called the company and was well-treated.

If you want to get rid of all the crawling problems...this stuff works. It's even suppose to keep snakes at a distance...we'll see.

They make a variety of products for both indoors and outdoors. The Cidercide for the outside is not cheap, but neither was the fireant killer...which was a waste of money IMHO. After using the fireant poison the only thing that seemed to have disappeared was my $$.

The Cidercide, however, seems to be working quite effectively, and there is no harm to animals or people.
    I bought the gallon and sprayer for $200, and it seems to be well worth the money. I'll probably use a pint of cedar oil every 6-8 weeks when the 'pests' are in season.

Just thought I'd share a bit.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cedarcide

I've been using cedarcide for about 4 months. We had a flea infestation IN THE HOUSE. 2 treatments and they are GONE. Not only that but it works wonders on ticks, squitos and other bugs.
    Our dog smells a little like a cedar closet but he is happy and so are we.
    Peaceful

Distinguished Member
    If you can spray directly on the bugs (not your small hidden gun) a solution of soap and water will also kill them, and not hurt the good things.

You know me, I am a "green" guy all the way.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Can it be mixed with Gunzilla?

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    They'll be dead and well lubricated, without a dirt collecting residue!

PS, if I could put Gunzilla in my coffee, I would. Best stuff I have found!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Thanks for the post, Retsupt! I wonder if it is effective for gators as well. This would be a big plus for all of you Floridians out there!
    [One Nation Under God]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's even suppose to keep snakes at a distance...we'll see.
    It may not necessarily keep them at bay...but it will certainly kill em dead, although not necessarily right away. Cedar and pine oils are LETHAL to snakes. It causes a multitude of infections that cause a snowball effect that usually end in complete respiratory failure. (I used to keep snakes)

I know at some point I also read an article on a study by a Univ Doc that found similar symptoms in Birds and RODENTS (read mammals)... after long term exposure. Caused everything from respiratory infections to severe liver damage. Just something to think about...

Just a quick googling around and I found this one from an exotic vet clinic:
    http://www.pennyroyalvet.com/admin/u...ewsletter5.pdf
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Only if you want your grass to grow out in 'bangs'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsupporter View Post
    Thanks for the post, Retsupt! I wonder if it is effective for gators as well. This would be a big plus for all of you Floridians out there!
    No! Nothing can stop the Gators...Go Gators! (#1 again?)

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links