Moving to California

Moving to California

This is a discussion on Moving to California within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, it's official. I'm off to San Diego on a promotion from my company. I am going to be even a bigger nerd than I ...

Thread: Moving to California

Moving to California

Well, it's official. I'm off to San Diego on a promotion from my company. I am going to be even a bigger nerd than I am here in SLC.

My feelings are mixed. I got promoted. That's always good. It takes me further from my kids but they know about it and are very supportive.

I can't carry in San Diego so I will feel very naked. The Mad Ogre has agreed to store and feed any guns that I feel I need to leave behind. I certainly would do the same for him.

I won't be leaving for about month as they backfill my position but once there I will be a busy boy as we revamp the company network.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Well, I was looking forward to shooting with you this summer. You gotta turn down that promotion. "A promise is a promise, Lietenant Dan."

Just kidding. I absolutely LOVE San Diego. Lived there 5 years. Would definitely move back in a heart beat. Gotta listen up to Jeff and Jer in the mornings on 100.7.

Good luck. Don't plan on buying a house there. 2 years ago, there were officially 0 houses in San Diego under $300k.

Man, I'm jealous. I love SD.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Assistant Administrator
    XD, kudos on the promotion - but pity you have to leave SLC. Just hope you will find ways to stay safe.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

You can have Kalifornia but good luck with it anyway.

USG
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    Congrats on the promotion, sorry it's in such a anti-gun place.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Congrats too. You might want to look and see if there's a county near SD that will issue permits. I know there's places that are almost Shall Issue. Just a thought
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Im sorry for ya ... opps i mean congrats

Congrats on the promotion! SD is a great town - spent a lot of time there the last 20 years - and always enjoyed it.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

sand dog huh ?
    You might wanna add "Juan" to your name and learn spanish.
    It could save your life... Good luck
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by dpesec
    Congrats too. You might want to look and see if there's a county near SD that will issue permits. I know there's places that are almost Shall Issue. Just a thought
    Unless you can live in Orange or Riverside counties, it'll be tough. Riverside, San Diego and Imperial counties it's rather difficult.
    יזכר לא עד פעם
    Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am.
    Remember. Never Again.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Congratulations Im jealous, the weather is gonna be awesome!
    Curry

Thank you all for the support. (Well, most of you.) It's starting to sink in. Life is funny. 2 other things have changed for me on a personal level over the weekend. Nothing major but when it rains it pours. Just a month ago I had found a pretty good comfort level and now everything is changing.

Thanks for the advice on carrying. I am still able to carry my folder and flashlight. That will help. Also, being part of this great group has taught me a lot about watching out for myself and others and that will serve me well in my journeys.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Sponsored Links