Funny incident at Walmart

This is a discussion on Funny incident at Walmart within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife and I went to the local walmart this weekend with a list of goals, one of which was to find out if they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny incident at Walmart

My wife and I went to the local walmart this weekend with a list of goals, one of which was to find out if they carried the Kimber Pepper Blaster. In short they dont carry pepper sprays.

But we went back to the ammo counter and it was unstaffed. I know the counter is locked, but that's just stupid. Those cabinets can't be THAT hard to break into, though I've never tried and don't intend to.

After walking around the area twice and getting annoyed by the lack of help, I picked up the phone on the counter by the register and tried 0. That didn't work. Then I noticed a button conveniantly marked "paging". :-) It was upside down from my customer side view, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

By this point there were several other people around the counter. The looks on their face when I paged "customer service to sporting goods. Customer service to the hunting license counter please.." were priceless. One asked me if I worked there because I sounded like I knew what I was doing on the pager.

My wife was smiling because she came around the corner after i had paged but she recognized my voice on the pager.

Two employees showed up really quickly. Unfortunately they were of no help since the store didn't carry what I needed.

They did have 5 boxes of 40 S&W for $14 something a box. They looked like 50 round boxes and I think they were Federal (red box). We were in a hurry and since I don't have my G27 yet I figured I'd save the money. Hope I don't regret that.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    That sounds like my local Walmart, seldom do you or can you find a body that works there.
    Most of the cases open pretty easy, pull out on one panel of glass, push in on the other panel and slide open.

Don't ask me how I know this
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Nice tactic. I've had to call them from my cell phone at the Sporting Goods counter to get some help there.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Maybe next time I'll page for a Manager on Duty to the counter. ;-)

I do it often ; ) & it works !!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    Nice job. I hope the others thanked you for taking the initiative.

I'm kind of the other way though. I would have taken as much time as necessary to find the store manager and told him/her what I was looking for and how little help I was given. Then I would explain that I would not be making that purchase that day and would he/she be so kind as to return the other items in my cart that I also would not be purchasing.

But, then, I'm just a jerk sometimes.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post

I'm kind of the other way though. I would have taken as much time as necessary to find the store manager and told him/her what I was looking for and how little help I was given. Then I would explain that I would not be making that purchase that day and would he/she be so kind as to return the other items in my cart that I also would not be purchasing.

Oooh, nice tactic, I'll have to remember that one
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post

This would work in a world where people gave a crap, out here we're on our own it seems.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ810 View Post
    Maybe next time I'll page for a Manager on Duty to the counter. ;-)
    You should have announced a "Blue Light Special"...75% off on all ammo for the next 10 minutes.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have wanted to do that so many times, but my Wife always talks me out of it without having to say a word.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I've paged at the ammo counter once before. They came quick and told me to stay off the pager since I wasn't an employee. Ha. If I want somethin, I want it now!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

At a W*M today. W*M employees just like TSA employees...."Thousands Standing Around" (no offense to TSA employees herein, mind you)......few cash registers open and other employees standing there in front of the registers with the heads up their "Yee Haws". One actually told me "She knew what she was doing" in surly tones no less.........Sheesh.........

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    At a W*M today. W*M employees just like TSA employees...."Thousands Standing Around" (no offense to TSA employees herein, mind you)......few cash registers open and other employees standing there in front of the registers with the heads up their "Yee Haws". One actually told me "She knew what she was doing" in surly tones no less.........Sheesh.........
    She was probably right, I'm sure she realized she was doing nothing
    Last edited by Rugergirl; October 13th, 2009 at 10:08 AM.

Love the blue light idea. Perhaps that is what caused Kmart's problems though?

ive read some where (here or xdtalk) that going around and rattling the ammo case door works rather well also personally i like singing on the pager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links