Looking for new cell phone

This is a discussion on Looking for new cell phone within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by redneck47441 You will only hear people without an iPhone say their over rated! I used to think that too then I played ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for new cell phone

Quote Originally Posted by redneck47441 View Post
    You will only hear people without an iPhone say their over rated! I used to think that too then I played with one for a couple of hours and man this thing is nice! I can even post video straight to YouTube wherever you have a cell signal! Checkout everythingicafe.com!
    I can post to YouTube on my BlackBerry... plus my BlackBerry's service is far more reliable than an iPhone. Did you read the independent study in The Journal about the iPhone 3G radio performance issues?

I've used the iPhone. I don't think I should have to load apps for my phone to do basic functions, so that's my first road block with it. The internal battery is also a bit of a loser for me, I have extra batteries for my 9630 Tour in my truck in case mine goes dead.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

2. Remove Ads

I do also like blackberrys you're right about loading apps to do certain function but i went with the iPhone because it has a big screen for movies and viewing pics I can navigate around on an iPhone easier than my wifes blackberry! Here's my honest opinion if you want a business phone both are good but the blackberrys better if you want to play games and movies with good quality graphics try an iPhone! Either way you go get an otterbox cell phone case great for the outdoorsman!

And as far as AT&T vs Verizon or anything else it really depends on where you live! I have AT&T and don't drop a call on my hour trip to work but my buddy with verizon drops at least twice! But verizon has the bigger coverage area I don't really know it's more or less like a gun buy the one that fits you and your lifestyle!

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Walmart is offering a low priced nationwide cell service at two price points. $30 for 1000 anytime minutes 1000 text msgs and 30 MB of mobile web access and a $45 unlimited everything plan (including 411 service). They partnered with Tracfone and will be using Verizon towers. The phones look a little boring but maybe by Christmas they will have some cool phones. BTW: They are CDMA so forget about using your fancy unlocked iPhone or similar offering. Walmart.com: Save money. Live better. and Welcome To Straight Talk.

Walmart.com: Electronics: Straight Talk Brand Shop

No-contract $30 / $45 Straight Talk wireless plans storm Walmart

Walmart Offering $45 Unlimited Cellphone Plan Nationwide - Walmart - Gizmodo

Having had the distinct displeasure of having to repeatedly fix Blackberry email issues for clients, the iPhone is a significantly more advanced device. Far easier to configure and customize, the iPhone also has a huge cottage industry with accessories up the kazoo! And, like you can buy extra batteries for your common phones, you can get an external battery that connects to a port on the iPhone. My Blackberry experience was very much like going from Apple's OS X to Windows 2000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links