Looking for new cell phone

This is a discussion on Looking for new cell phone within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I need a new cell phone. I have AT&T and am trying to narrow down to a good phone... So far I'm looking at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need a new cell phone. I have AT&T and am trying to narrow down to a good phone...
    So far I'm looking at the Pantech Matrix and the LG Xenon. Anybody have these or any other full keyboard phone they would recommend?

Are you looking to stay exclusively with AT&T?

What sorts of things are you looking to use your phone for? Media? Web browsing? E-Mail? Or are you mainly looking for a "talk and text" phone?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Are you looking to stay exclusively with AT&T?

What sorts of things are you looking to use your phone for? Media? Web browsing? E-Mail? Or are you mainly looking for a "talk and text" phone?
    Mostly talk and texting. I currently have a pantech duo that has windows mobile and absolutely hate windows mobile. So I'm looking to stay away from that. And yes, staying with AT&T. I have had good coverage in my area with them. Plus my work pays for the service and we are getting new phones very soon. Can choose whatever. It would be nice to be able to have a data plan and a phone that I could use as a modem for my laptop but AT&T wants like $60 for that I think.

I-phone?

IPHONE IPHONE it can do everything you can also use it as a router for your laptop! Its the best thing I've ever purchased!

The iPhone is overrated at best. That is a professional, "in the business" opinion. To answer the next question, no I do not work for AT&T.

WinBlows is a terrible OS, I agree entirely. If you're interested in staying in a PDA device I can't recommend BlackBerry enough. For AT&T, both the Curve (8900 series) and the Bold are absolutely fantastic devices. Pound for pound I find the BlackBerry devices to be the very best on the market... there isn't anything I want that my BlackBerry can't do. Plus the hardware is extremely reliable and the OS is probably the most reliable PDA OS on the market.

If you're not into a PDA any more, I'd have a close look at the Nokia Surge. Nokia makes some of the best products on the market all around... I wish more US carriers had them.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Get a BlackBerry Bold. Great SmartPhone.

blackBold.gif
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Id also recommend a blackberry. or hang out for Google Andriod

Android is okay, it strikes me as a little gimmicky. Same idea as Windows Mobile sort of... very "open source" so people can write all kinds of goofy apps for it that don't serve much of a purpose.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I also have AT&T and just upgraded. We went with the Samsung Eternity. AT&T had 2 for 1 specials at the time. My wife and I both love it and they had good reviews. It has a full sized Qwerty keyboard so if you text, this is a nice feature.

Samsung Eternity
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I also have AT&T and just upgraded. We went with the Samsung Eternity. AT&T had 2 for 1 specials at the time. My wife and I both love it and they had good reviews. It has a full sized Qwerty keyboard so if you text, this is a nice feature.

Samsung Eternity
    Looks nice, looks like the samsung impression. I couldn't find the eternity on the ATT site.

Camera Phones and Devices - | Wireless from AT&T

Another Blackberry recommendation. Also check out tetherberry.com if you go that route.

You will only hear people without an iPhone say they're over rated! I used to think that too then I played with one for a couple of hours and man this thing is nice! I can even post video straight to YouTube wherever you have a cell signal! Checkout everythingicafe.com!

I've had many the common carriers. Look at the U.S. coverage of AT&T and then compare it to Verison...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Iphone is the best! It does everything you could want (at least everything I want). I am a phone weenie and always switch to the latest and greatest regardless of where I am at with my contract. In all seriousness if ATT/Apple raised the cost of the phone to $2k I still would not even consider anything else.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links