My new blog

My new blog

This is a discussion on My new blog within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I didn't really know where to post this so I decided to post in this forum. If this is a bad place please move it ...

Thread: My new blog

My new blog

I didn't really know where to post this so I decided to post in this forum. If this is a bad place please move it to a better one.

For some odd reason I have decided to start writting a blog. And since one of my passions is firearms I would like to invite you all to stop by on occasion. While not everything will be firearms related I do plan on posting a lot about gun laws and guns in general. I will be trying to keep the gun related content more targeted towards the non "gun-nut" crowd but you still may find some of it interesting.

Guns, Games, Politics and…

The main reason I am posting this here is because I enjoy this community a great deal and would like to share some of my gun related ramblings with you all in addidtion to my friends/family/etc.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I took one look at your blog and realized you think everyone ELSE should shut up while YOU chronically misspell words and lecture people.

I'll pass. Good luck with your venture. I read a heck of a lot of blogs, both liberal and conservative. The good ones attempt to persuade people their ideas are good; they don't attempt to shout people down and tell people why they're so smart. Your few postings make you no better than the people you keep telling to shut up. Again, good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    I took one look at your blog and realized you think everyone ELSE should shut up while YOU chronically misspell words and lecture people.

I'll pass. Good luck with your venture. I read a heck of a lot of blogs, both liberal and conservative. The good ones attempt to persuade people their ideas are good; they don't attempt to shout people down and tell people why they're so smart. Your few postings make you no better than the people you keep telling to shut up. Again, good luck to you.
    LOL

Havent checked out the blog but your reply gave me a good laugh.

I'm interested in why you think the NRA should "shut the ____ up."

I'm puzzled why anyone would want the NRA to shut the <blank> up. Maybe some of their views are arguably controversial. However, they have done a whale of a lot of stuff to protect the second amendment.

Blog on.
    Last edited by rstickle; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: language work around

OD*

Ditto.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Yep, I posted the pre spell checked version. Still trying to figure the whole word press thing out as it's the first time I used it. Thanks for pointing that out.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar

Couldn't have said it better.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

What's the problem with the NRA? I really am interested in why you think we should shut the ____ up.

Links