How did you come up with your Screen name.

This is a discussion on How did you come up with your Screen name. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay, some screen names are pretty obvious, but there are those that make ya wonder, for me anyway. So, here's mine. I came up with ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Okay, some screen names are pretty obvious, but there are those that make ya wonder, for me anyway.

So, here's mine. I came up with mine while playin online poker. I got so tired of having the winning hand on the flop only to be beat out on the river. Hence, you "gottabkiddn" me! The Avatar was one I used for the my membership at that site too. Plus I think the majestic Bald Eagle is a excellent symbol of grace and power.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I am retired Air Force, last position held was that of First Sergeant, which authorizes me to wear the Diamond for life. That's my story and stickin to it!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

duh! lol!!

Proud alumni of The Ohio State University, and currently serving as an AD USMC Lance Corporal, so yeah.

As far as my avatar, I'm an 0311 infantryman, so yeah, major league infidel, don't think it really needs explained either.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Rugergirl was the best thing I could come up with after I found out some theif had taken my nickname of Big Dog
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    This should explain it:
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Retired as a Master Sergeant from 22 years in USAF, avatar is Chief Enlisted Aircrew wings 5000+ hours on C-141 and C-5A/B
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

not to nit pick but the buck eye isn't that a chestnut and aren't they petty much gone.... so your team needs to change it's name, hum walnuts, hickory nuts......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    not to nit pick but the buck eye isn't that a chestnut and aren't they petty much gone.... so your team needs to change it's name, hum walnuts, hickory nuts......
    They are part of the chestnut group I guess, don't know so much about them being pretty much gone, I think there is still a fair number of the trees around. Ohio would have to change a whole lot of stuff if they went away from the Buckeye, besides, there is history to it being the Buckeye state.

Sorry, and now back to the discussion of how people came up with screen names...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

My brother once referred to me as Cujo's keeper (my first rottie) and I changed it to rottkeeper now that Cujo has passed and I have Max the middle dog in my avatar. I love all dogs but my heart goes to the rotties.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Pikachu is the name of my 14 pound male black cat. I chose 711 because it is the convenience store down the street.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

President Arkansas Chapter Dodgetruckworld.com. The site used to be way better than it is today. I'm a Dodge Ram fan, and I drive one every day. The Rod part....well, you can use your imagination here, or you might know that one of my former neighbors used to call me 'hot rod'. I guess that's what I do best in my Dodge Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    My brother once referred to me as Cujo's keeper (my first rottie) and I changed it to rottkeeper now that Cujo has passed and I have Max the middle dog in my avatar. I love all dogs but my heart goes to the rotties.
    I know what cha mean, I got my little rattie from the SPCA 3 years ago. She was abused and it took a while to bring here back from being frightened all the time and trusting man again. Now she runs the house and my wife and I love her to death...... She's a member of the family.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Pikachu is the name of my 14 pound male black cat. I chose 711 because it is the convenience store down the street.
    I haven't seen one of those in years, that or the old Magic Markets. 14 lbs, he's a chunk.

Easy - I learned to shoot with a 1911A1 .45 ACP and have carried a .45 ACP in one style or another since 1969.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links