Just cause they go to College

This is a discussion on Just cause they go to College within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; WHY ATHLETES CAN'T HAVE REGULAR JOBS... 1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what ...

Thread: Just cause they go to College

Just cause they go to College

WHY ATHLETES CAN'T HAVE REGULAR JOBS...

1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me."

2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."

3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's say: "I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl," Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."

4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings.."

5. Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann: "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

6. Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh : "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes." (Now that is beautiful)

7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height.." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle."

8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to prison: "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton ."

9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."

10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regime of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is."

11. Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." (I wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in January)

12. Frank Layden , Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I told him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"

13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one D: "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject."

14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious.

15. Amarillo High School and Oiler coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips re sponded: "Because she is too damn ugly to kiss good-bye."

That last one would get me shot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

"educated idiots" as my dad loveingly refers to most college students
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."

Hahaha! That's beautiful right there :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    "educated idiots" as my dad loveingly refers to most college students
    I agree I have run into many collage grads without enough sense to pour water out of a bucket with the directions on the bottom.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Wow, all that and brains too?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

"That last one would get me shot"

I would just be wishing to get shot.

Pretty funny...in a sad way.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Best quote, No. 15
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    It's time we started drawing the line at High School, college just seems to incur brain rot.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Or veto any college with an athletic program.

For all you Presbyterian religious conservative nutjobs out there (others welcome too, of course, but that's probably the best fit), check out New Saint Andrews. No food service, no dorms, no athletics, no mascot, no school colors, one major... but an education I would give my teeth to go back and get (the first year reading list is 5"3" tall or so).

It really was a contrast when we made the Prospective Student visit. On the way there we did the same visit to a big state U to get a feel for where my sister and brother-in-law teach: "Here's the theater, here's the health center; here's the pub; the radio station is over there; this is what a dorm room looks like; that's the North Campus Pizza place... oh, yeah, and we have classes over there." versus the greeting we got at NSA: "Here's a cup of coffee: first-year Latin is at the end of the hall. See you in an hour."

You can keep your football stars.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Links