Who on the forum would you like to meet?

This is a discussion on Who on the forum would you like to meet? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, "Chop down my mizzen mast and call me toothpick". WHY THE HECK NOT? Meet everybody, I mean. Pick a central point, date and time, ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who on the forum would you like to meet?

Well, "Chop down my mizzen mast and call me toothpick".

WHY THE HECK NOT? Meet everybody, I mean.

Pick a central point, date and time, put up a sign and meet and greet!

A thought .......(Something that happens rarely with me)..... How's about at the NRA convention in SC next year?????

I'm sure that everybody would like to attend, and this may add a little incentive to put your leave requests early?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    A thought .......(Something that happens rarely with me)..... How's about at the NRA convention in SC next year?????
    Wrong Carolina, it's in Charlotte, the northern one.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

OOOOOPY!

Well, then why not there????

VIP Member
    I'd like to go bird hunting with SIXTO and I'd like to swap sandbox stories with BuckeyeLcpl.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'd like to go bird hunting with SIXTO and I'd like to swap sandbox stories with BuckeyeLcpl.
    Whoops, didn't mean to forget about you there Timmy, I'd gladly swap stories with ya over a beer sometime.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Come on down. Quail is in full swing, pheasant is about to begin... I do believe you are within driving distance.

My list is long, but I'm a tough critter to catch. Ret has made some effort to meet me, but I'm always on the go. I would like to meet up with him one day though.

There are so many cool people here ( at least they are cool on the internet ) its hard to name off a few. Most of the people I would like to meet are the ones who have been named several times over already.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Sweet, I got an honorable mention!

I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of the Marines and former Marines to swap stories over some beers. BuckeyeLCPL (ha...I remember when you were BuckeyPFC...bout time to get rid of that "L"?), Agave, JD, and a few others come to mind.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Sweet, I got an honorable mention!

I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of the Marines and former Marines to swap stories over some beers. BuckeyeLCPL (ha...I remember when you were BuckeyPFC...bout time to get rid of that "L"?), Agave, JD, and a few others come to mind.
    And back when this was combat carry I was Buckey07. Yeah, the L should be coming off sometime soon, but E-4 cutting scores for 0311's have been pretty crazy lately.

SIXTO seemed cool on the internet too going on any weekday bird hunts in the next couple weeks?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    And back when this was combat carry I was Buckey07. Yeah, the L should be coming off sometime soon, but E-4 cutting scores for 0311's have been pretty crazy lately.

SIXTO seemed cool on the internet too going on any weekday bird hunts in the next couple weeks?
    Pheasant opening day is 11/6, thats a Friday. I might squeeze in a quail hunt before that, but I'm working everyday this week so I dont know if I can or not.

If opening day isnt crazy, I might go out and run a clean up mission letting the dog work up the left overs. Thats a hit or miss type of deal, but iits good training for the dog.
    "Just blame Sixto"

all y'all
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

most everyone I have engaged in any sort of conversation with on here has at least given me something to think about. Plus, anyone who shoots is good for at least 1 afternoon of fun, right?

Top of the list seems to be Sixto, I tend to see things his way most of the time, guess cause I work in the LEO community so much, and he is in driving distance. I agree with those about Janq, I always learn something form his posts. JD also is very polite and helpful as is his bride, Limatunes. Paco because he always has the coolest guns for some reason. I could probably go on for quite sometime.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Come on down. Quail is in full swing, pheasant is about to begin... I do believe you are within driving distance.
    I'd love to come down but I have two very large bucks located this year and some very good tree stand locations. I'm not hunting anything else until I arrow one of them. The problem with my deer hunting addiction is that it cuts into my pheasant hunting/steelhead fishing/fall turkey hunting...and so on. If I ever get lucky and tag out early I may make a trip. I've never bagged a quail.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    I'd love to come down but I have two very large bucks located this year and some very good tree stand locations. I'm not hunting anything else until I arrow one of them. The problem with my deer hunting addiction is that it cuts into my pheasant hunting/steelhead fishing/fall turkey hunting...and so on. If I ever get lucky and tag out early I may make a trip. I've never bagged a quail.
    This year is supposed to be decent with the mild winter we had. So far, the numbers I've seen have been good. I havent bagged many myself this year, I've been concentrating on working the new dog.

The deer down here have been impressive. We have had a few deer vs. car with really nice sized critters.

I dont deer hunt, only upland for me. I wouldnt mind deer hunting, but I would have no idea what to do with it once I killed it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Wow, there are many fine people here! I tend to be a friendly guy so I wouldn't mind meeting most people here.

However, I would like to thank Bumper in person one day to shake his hand, buy him an ale and a steak and thank him for providing this place for us to hang out and discuss such a grim subject matter, yet in a place free of the pitfalls that most other forums succumb to.

This is a very friendly and civil crowd here, and it is in no small part because of the hard work that Bumper, QKShooter and the rest of the staff puts in to moderating and running a "tight ship!"

Bumper leads by example and I would love to meet "The Bump" person some day!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links