Is your vehicle a survival tool ? any mods to help? - Page 2

Is your vehicle a survival tool ? any mods to help?

This is a discussion on Is your vehicle a survival tool ? any mods to help? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Those are some beautiful trucks and Jeeps. I sold my late model Dakota when finances tanked. Now I think I'm going to get an OLD ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your vehicle a survival tool ? any mods to help?

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Those are some beautiful trucks and Jeeps. I sold my late model Dakota when finances tanked. Now I think I'm going to get an OLD F150 I looked at, and keep a BOB in it. Eventually I'd like a hard top Wrangler or similar, and will keep a SHTF kit in it. Eventually...
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Four wheel drive Toyota FJ Cruiser here. Bone stock, but it'll still ford up to 28" of water. Plenty of room for the wife, dog, BOBs, guns and ammo.

I even opted for the steel wheels over the alloys. You can always beat steel wheels back into shape...

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Steelies are getting hard to find. I don't know why people aren't making them anymore.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Nice pics Folks.... I got the basic 05 Silverado Z71..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Steelies are getting hard to find. I don't know why people aren't making them anymore.
    Not as flashy as alloys, so people shy away from them I guess. My black steelies look sharp with a coat of Pledge furniture polish - adds a nice gloss and lasts for weeks.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    My Exploder has twice been used for evacuations. With the cargo box on top, it will hold everything I need: Wife, kids, pets, guns, ammo, irreplaceables and survival gear. Although in a larger scale disaster, I might be more inclined to bug-in.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    If things get tough, we load up and go. We don't get away from it all, we take it all with us!
    Attached Images

My 1979 Ford Bronco

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I painted mine tactical camo yesterday!

-Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

1994 K2500 Suburban. 6.5 TurboDiesel. I did a repower on it at 225,000 miles with a Peninsular engine with 18:1 compression and a gear driven cam, high flow high pop marine injectors, Heath chip, Banks exhaust, remote mounted the fuel solenoid driver and added a custom intercooler. This is a pretty tame build, but it makes significantly more power than the factory set up. It is the way GM should have built it in the first place!
    Stock fuel tank gives me about a 600 mile range, but I haven't been able to find either an aux tank or just an oversized replacement for the stock one.

For comms I have CB and GMRS radios and when I get my Technician ticket will probably add 2 meter. Currently have a small (400 watt) inverter but expect to upgrade shortly. I also removed the center console and replaced it with one of those twelve volt cooler/warmers.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    1994 K2500 Suburban. 6.5 TurboDiesel. I did a repower on it at 225,000 miles with a Peninsular engine with 18:1 compression and a gear driven cam, high flow high pop marine injectors, Heath chip, Banks exhaust, remote mounted the fuel solenoid driver and added a custom intercooler. This is a pretty tame build, but it makes significantly more power than the factory set up. It is the way GM should have built it in the first place!
    Stock fuel tank gives me about a 600 mile range, but I haven't been able to find either an aux tank or just an oversized replacement for the stock one.

For comms I have CB and GMRS radios and when I get my Technician ticket will probably add 2 meter. Currently have a small (400 watt) inverter but expect to upgrade shortly. I also removed the center console and replaced it with one of those twelve volt cooler/warmers.

I only understood about half of that, but it sounds cool!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post

Its a diesel thing nobody understands lol but I do!

My jeep gets it done...

Man, this is giving me Jeep envy. I miss my Wrangler. He died a couple of years back. As far as mine, I have a 100% stock Chrysler Concorde. Oh yeah.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    I only understood about half of that, but it sounds cool!
    Rough translation: If my wife knew how much money I put under the hood of that truck she would blow a gasket!

What I have now lets me run about twice as much sustained boost as the factory set up, making gobs more power, but is more reliable and durable than the engine that came with the truck. The Presidents new limo is also powered by a modified GM 6.5 Diesel and I would not be surprised a bit if the difference between mine and his is that he has the older (non electronic) injection pump and a newer (more efficient) turbocharger.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links