Is your vehicle a survival tool ? any mods to help?

This is a discussion on Is your vehicle a survival tool ? any mods to help? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 Rough translation: If my wife knew how much money I put under the hood of that truck she would blow a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is your vehicle a survival tool ? any mods to help?

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Rough translation: If my wife knew how much money I put under the hood of that truck she would blow a gasket!

What I have now lets me run about twice as much sustained boost as the factory set up, making gobs more power, but is more reliable and durable than the engine that came with the truck. The Presidents new limo is also powered by a modified GM 6.5 Diesel and I would not be surprised a bit if the difference between mine and his is that he has the older (non electronic) injection pump and a newer (more efficient) turbocharger.
    Well, I knew it had to do with money and parts, but that's about where I lost you!
    Sounds nice though. I've always liked, but known little about diesel trucks. Someday I'll research, and maybe save my pennies.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

2. Remove Ads

The great thing about Diesels is that the older ones will run on just about anything except gasoline. I actually ran out of fuel once a couple of miles from home. Lucky for me I had a bottle of olive oil with me. I dumped it in the tank, bled the air out of the filter and was able to drive to the Shell station about a mile away! Can't do that with a gasser!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

This is the main bug-out vehicle. F-350 Dually, 4X4, Diesel, Crew Cab, 35' Mountaineer TT, Polaris Ranger 700 EX. Enough tools in the back to take care of most any problem that can be repaired without parts.

If we need to haul more, there's always the wife's truck. F-350 Dually, Extended Cab, V-10 gas motor.

If I can't haul enough guns, ammunition, food and water in these, I'll just have to surrender.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Administrator
    Good luck manuevering all that around.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links