Doctors won't give Ohio execution advice

This is a discussion on Doctors won't give Ohio execution advice within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Doctors won't give Ohio execution advice | Cincinnati.com | The Cincinnati Enquirer COLUMBUS - Ohio is struggling to find medical professionals willing to advise the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctors won't give Ohio execution advice

Doctors won't give Ohio execution advice

Doctors won't give Ohio execution advice | Cincinnati.com | The Cincinnati Enquirer

COLUMBUS - Ohio is struggling to find medical professionals willing to advise the state on the best way to put condemned inmates to death.

Attorney General Richard Cordray says in a court filing that ethical and professional considerations are deterring doctors and others from offering advice about lethal injection.

Executions are on hold in Ohio while the state develops new injection policies following a Sept. 15 execution that was stopped because the inmate had no usable veins.

Cordray's concerns came in a filing in U.S. District Court Friday.

He says his office has reached out to judges, police and lawmakers for help trying to find medical professionals willing to talk to the state.

He also says five lawmakers he didn't identify have agreed to try to find medical staff to help.
    I guess they don't want my advice on how to put convicted murderers to death, but if they do I'd tell them. I do see how it could be an ethical dilemma for a doctor. I'm sure there is a doctor somewhere in the state that is willing to help though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Well, I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Seriously though, they need a doctor to figure this out??? I'll give some free advice, 1 bullet between the eyes. Problem solved!
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    What's Dr. Jack Kevorkian (spelling?) doing these days. He'd do great!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

put em in a car with there favorite music playing while pumping in CO2 from the exhaust,it's perfectly painless they just go to SLEEP
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Tie 'em behind the work boat and drag 'em around the platform till they quit squealing .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Send them some Texas doctors.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by mjmoore View Post
    Tie 'em behind the work boat and drag 'em around the platform till they quit squealing .
    In either lake Erie or the Ohio River, that would constitute cruel and unusual punishment.

They could be used to hold targets on Marine live fire ranges, making the targets more interactive.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I'll vote for lead injections.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Bind 'em all and toss 'em to the gators, gators gotta' eat too, don't ya' know? (Two birds with one stone.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Bind 'em all and toss 'em to the gators, gators gotta' eat too, don't ya' know? (Two birds with one stone.)
    We could just feed em buckeyes, they are supposed to be poisonous nuts, and then we wouldn't have to deal with any gators.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Go back to the electric chair and call an electrician for advice.

Seriously, why not return to the firing squad. What is actually required? A post, blindfold, 5 rifles, 1 bullet, 4 blanks, and 5 willing shooters. It's cheaper than the other methods, and the only thing you'd need a doctor for is to pronounce the time of death afterwards.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Seriously, why not return to the firing squad. What is actually required? A post, blindfold, 5 rifles, 1 bullet, 4 blanks, and 5 willing shooters. It's cheaper than the other methods, and the only thing you'd need a doctor for is to pronounce the time of death afterwards.
    I'd prefer 4 bullets, and 1 blank. Or forget the blank and get 5 guys who don't need the possible out of having maybe drawn the blank.

Or an automatic chain gun 3 feet from their chair.

I like that idea. I vote for the chain gun.

How about killing them the way they killed their victim?
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

Cerate a "new" Gas Chamber and arrange for an internal combustion chamber gasoline-powered engine (from a remote location to produce the lethal Carbon Monoxide required to produce death). At the Warden's cue, pipe it into the Gas Chamber with a remote stethoscope attached to the ISDP (Inmate Subject to the Death Penalty). 1 minute after the heart has stopped beating, exhaust fans will remove the deadly gas through the roof of the structure (as was done in the old days).

This is both humane and cost effective.

Problem solved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links