Grammar

This is a discussion on Grammar within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Who all on DC that worry about grammar...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grammar

Grammar

Who all on DC that worry about grammar
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    HA! Maybe I'll need to "google" what "facebooking" actually means...

nah...I already know.

At least u r nt tlkng like this...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I thought this was about Grammar and Grandpa.
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I dont got nuttin to say bout grammer.....i lernt it all by third grade......
    ibe :) fully edumacated!!
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

funny!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Moderator
    Grammar serves a purpose.

For those that know how to use it, it serves as a reminder of just how far our educational standards have digressed in the last few decades.

At the present state of use, we ought to be ready to implode and cease to exist in another decade or two.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Thanks Guns...... way to bring a funny thread to a seriously abrupt halt!!

Got 2 git bk 2 my tweet.......
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Recently my parents discovered how to text, it has been a traumatic experience for me. I'm 24, and they are in their 50's, and my dad has been using texting acronyms I don't even know what they mean. I don't even know where he is learning them from, its scary.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Have you checked his facebook account?? He might be getting it from there..... or maybe MySpace........ check thier accounts...... or just tweet that your bothered by it........

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Sometimes it makes a difference. From a book by Lynne Truss:

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.

'Why?' asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

'Well, I'm a panda', he says, at the door. 'Look it up.'

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. 'Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    Sometimes it makes a difference. From a book by Lynne Truss:

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.

'Why?' asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

'Well, I'm a panda', he says, at the door. 'Look it up.'

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. 'Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.
    I heard it differently. A koala bear is living his live if the middle of the woods and always hears the stories about the big city.

So one day he travels into the city and is aw stuck, He is walking down the street and he comes across a street walker who asks him if he is looking for a good time.
    Sure, what do you have in mind?
    Come with me to my Motel room and I will show you.
    So they go bad back to her motel room and soon get it on.
    He finishes his business and he get dressed and starts to walk to the door to leave.
    Yea, What are you doing?
    What do you mean?
    I got to get paid!!! Paid? I am a Koala we never pay for sex.
    Well I am a hooker go look it up in the dictionary. So he does.It says " Somebody for performs sexual acts for money.
    He tosses her the book and say look up Koala Bear as he strolls out the door.
    She does" An animal would eats bushes and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Recently my parents discovered how to text, it has been a traumatic experience for me. I'm 24, and they are in their 50's, and my dad has been using texting acronyms I don't even know what they mean. I don't even know where he is learning them from, its scary.
    You better take responsibility for them, son. Find out who they're with, whether alcohol or drugs are involved, what time they'll be home.......as well as monitoring their computer usage and sites visited......

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    You better take responsibility for them, son. Find out who they're with, whether alcohol or drugs are involved, what time they'll be home.......as well as monitoring their computer usage and sites visited......
    Ever since my younger brother joined the Marines, there is no keeping track of them, they just do as they please. But after twenty something odd years of raising boys (two of them Marines mind you), they deserve their freedom.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have no problem with the grammer used by others. Each to their own. I'm no grammer-phobe BUT, it would be nice if we'd all learn the simple distinction between YOUR and YOU'RE. Your pertains to YOU; your house, your gun, your car, etc. You're means you are; you're going home, you're going to purchase a gun, you're not feeling well, etc. Just my humble opinion.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Grammar serves a purpose.

For those that know how to use it, it serves as a reminder of just how far our educational standards have digressed in the last few decades.

At the present state of use, we ought to be ready to implode and cease to exist in another decade or two.
    Amen.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links