Anyone own a Honda Ridgeline?

This is a discussion on Anyone own a Honda Ridgeline? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am thinking about trading my GMC Envoy in on one. Sick of all the issues I am having with it. I am looking at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a Honda Ridgeline?

Anyone own a Honda Ridgeline?

I am thinking about trading my GMC Envoy in on one. Sick of all the issues I am having with it. I am looking at a few used Ridgelines, test drove one, and I really like them. Just looking for some more reviews and opinions!

I work in IT so its not like I need a work truck, I just would like a SUV for its nice ride and a pickup for its bed, and it seems like this is a nice mix. I plan on buying a few kayak's and a small flats boat in the future also so it would be perfect for that.

Also, being in Florida it is always good to have a truck and something that can move a lot of stuff in case more hurricanes come.

But the frugal side of me things possibly buying a used Prius/Hybrid Camry would be a good idea due to the fact I wouldn't hardly have to pay for much gas and save a lot of money that way. But there is no way I could have fun with those, and then we would have an Altima and Camry/Prius. Two low smallish cars.

2. Remove Ads

I have one and really like it. Design-wise the only thing I don't like about it is rear visibility when backing up, but it isn't a crisis if you're good with the mirrors.

The trunk-in-the-bed is awesome, as is the dual action tailgate.

It's very sure-footed on crappy roads, has plenty of power, and pretty decent gas mileage for what it is, I can get 18-19 driving hilly backroads between home and work.

For our family, it was the perfect fit, since we need to haul kids/people 90% of the time, and only need a "truck" once in awhile.

Administrator
    As long as you dont need a truck, the ridgeline is a pretty nice crossover with a truckish body style.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I really don't need a truck. Just something that can move a moderate amount of stuff, be large enough to fit 4 adults, and be reliable :)

One of my colleagues just bought one a few months ago and really likes it overall. He says Highway mileage isnt too bad but everyday stuff on the hills and backroads eats him up in fuel. That is pretty much all we have here in Southern WV. Like Sixto says...it is not a Truck's truck but will do mostly what an everyday user will need it to do.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Well my Envoy gets 16mpg combined so it can't get much worse

Yeah they aint great. I am kind of a GM Man though, my grandpa and half my family in Michigan retired from there. I get wholesale.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

There are few bad things to say about any Honda product from push mowers to SUVs. Other than the already mentioned less-than-amazing MPG rating for a V6, the Ridgeline is a good value, good reliability/dependability, strong resale. It'll be tough to mess-up.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have heard many people on a Ridgeline board say they get 22-23 HWY and 16-17 city..Doesn't sound to bad to me..My buddy has an 09 Tundra and he gets 13 City and 17 HWY.

It's not a Ridgeline, but my wife's daily driver is a CR-V, and it's a rock solid car.

I highly recommend Honda.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I have a Honda push lawn mower. Good machine.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I just think the whole "get a real truck" response is hilarious. Sure, I am gonna want to fork over money for a truck that rides like crap, and can do way more then I need it to, while losing a ton of value since American cars hold their value terribly..

VIP Member
    I don't have a Honda Ridgeline, though my wife does a commute in a Civic, and it has been excellent. Ours is a 4 cyl non-hybrid and gets 37 mpg on the Interstate. I'm not convinced yet that a hybrid is a actually a good buy.

I typically drive a F-250 power stroke because I often pull a gooseneck cow trailer, and that weight would overwhelm anything smaller.

Honda Ridgeline had one of my favorite commercials though:

splendAd - Honda - Ridgeline - Mud Flap commercial
    Last edited by ppkheat; November 2nd, 2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Thats crazy yours get that mpg..My g/f just traded in her 07 coupe and it never got better than 28 combined and 33 was the best overall.

So I finally pulled the trigger and don't regret it one bit!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links