Exposed to Swine Flu....

This is a discussion on Exposed to Swine Flu.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One of the kids friends, who was at our house all day Saturday, and I mean all day, from 9am to 8pm, called us tonight ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exposed to Swine Flu....

Thumbs down Exposed to Swine Flu....

One of the kids friends, who was at our house all day Saturday, and I mean all day, from 9am to 8pm, called us tonight to tell us he has been diagnosed with swine flu. The real deal.

This is just great. My wife has asthma, the twins who are 7 were premature babies and are a little more susceptible to upper respiratory infections. So we have at least 3 people in our house who are at high risk for this type of flu and this kid was here for almost 12 hours during the time he was incubating it and would have been contagious.

Now the question is, what do we do here. The wife and the twins are going to go to the Doc's office ASAP and get tested. Other than that, the rest of us have to just wait and see if anyone gets sick.....this sucks.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Remember to wash hands often and also gargle with salt water...u know, same stuff we should do all along lol

I hope everything turns out fine!

Take lots of Vit C and D3 cholecalciferol. Make certain it is from a store that sells a lot and ensure it is from a good natural source. The vitamin D you get in your food is Vitamin D2 and it is worthless.

Lots of sunshine if you can do that without freezing. Eat a lot of organic fruits and veggies and take cayenne, again from a good healthy source. It has vitamin C and it has been used historically for blood, breathing and heart!

I have had great results from taking Oregano oil. You can also take Olive Leaf extract, as they are both an excellent antioxidant. Also, keep a positive attitude. My son was exposed to it and nothing happened to any of us!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

TAMIFLU....now before symptoms even show if the family is that susceptible to respiratory problems.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    TAMIFLU....now before symptoms even show if the family is that susceptible to respiratory problems.
    I heard that also, That it can weaken the symptoms of the flu.

VIP Member
    +1 to Tamiflu. I have asthma/bronchitis and everytime I get the slightest respiratory congestion, wheezing and can feel that infection coming on, I call my doctor and he puts me on Tamiflu. It usually clears it right up.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

The wife and I were both exposed to the 'real deal' but nothing happened. You may be just fine, but as there is little you can do at this point, I would just continue on with life...don't worry yourselves sick.
    TN Mike, I'm sure you'll all be fine.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

July 4th weekend, our 3rd son came back from camp...with the flu.
    20+ kids at camp were sick that week.

Son left on Saturday. By Sun. night, I felt bad.
    By Mon., terrible.
    Finally went to the dr with 102+ fever on Tues. tested for flu, and started me on Tamiflu (prob too late, since symptoms started on Sun.).

Called oldest son and his wife, who had been there for the weekend, along with our 8-mo-old grandson, and warned them-it might be the flu, and it might be swine flu.
    Wed. they called to say, "Yep, it's Influenza A, the strain Swine Flu comes from. We'll send this off to Co Health Dept.
    Called the kids who, I found out, were already on the way to the dr, then the ER with the little one. He tested pos. for H1N1 that day.
    They kept him because of dehydration. Started him on Tamiflu.

Meanwhile, my fever got up to 103.6. I have NEVER felt as bad as I did. Severe headaches, terrible body ache, coughing. (No interest in food at all. If you know me, you know just how sick I was to not want food.)

Fever broke on Fri. It was another full week before I felt close to normal. 21 year old dau ended up with it. Wife got the cough and nothing more. Dau-in-law and son with the baby got nothing. Baby was fine.

It was bad stuff. If you have symptoms, go get the Tamiflu. It is supposed to help. A lot of this stuff is turning into pneumonia, which is what is killing people.

Oh, and they are significantly under-reporting this. If you are not hospitalized, the Health Dep'ts are not including people in the numbers they give out to the media.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Start yourselves on Vitamin D & C.

VIP Member
    Tamiflu either now, or at the earliest possible time after onset of symptoms.

I watched a family member, an asthmatic, make a dramatic turn around within a few hours of starting Tamiflu. The illness was verified with blood tests and history as being swine flu.

Good luck.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Actually, from what I understand (friends in the medical field) there currently is no testing done for swine flu/H1N1, they just assume you have it if the symptoms match. They can test for the general type of flu, but not the specific strain that the H1N1 vaccine is for. So it may in fact be over reported.

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Take lots of Vit C and D3 cholecalciferol. Make certain it is from a store that sells a lot and ensure it is from a good natural source. The vitamin D you get in your food is Vitamin D2 and it is worthless.

Lots of sunshine if you can do that without freezing. Eat a lot of organic fruits and veggies and take cayenne, again from a good healthy source. It has vitamin C and it has been used historically for blood, breathing and heart!

I have had great results from taking Oregano oil. You can also take Olive Leaf extract, as they are both an excellent antioxidant. Also, keep a positive attitude. My son was exposed to it and nothing happened to any of us!
    +1
    Oil of Oregano does work. Elderberry works great also. I order my vitamins and supplements from The Best Discount Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements at the Lowest Price - Swanson Health Products even with shipping they seem to be the best price around.

There are many dangers of Tamiflu I would suggest researching it first before having yourself or family members take it.

I'm not against all medicines but there are endless natural remedies that help. Some do take longer to work but at least you aren't putting dangerous chemicals in your body that might not work anyways.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Absolutely!!! My Doctor told the family last week that the Swune Flu test will sometimes show a negative. I asked if that happens what do we do? His response was to start a treatment anyway, the sooner the better he says!
    [One Nation Under God]

Lysol everything the kid touched... use hand sanitizer frequently.

Don't stick your fingers in your eyes, mouth, or nose.

See the Dr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links