Illegal Immigration in terms anyone can understand!

This is a discussion on Illegal Immigration in terms anyone can understand! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm sure this may well have been posted here before, but I searched for a few of the lines and couldn't find it. So in ...

Thread: Illegal Immigration in terms anyone can understand!

I'm sure this may well have been posted here before, but I searched for a few of the lines and couldn't find it. So in the off chance that it hasn't I thought everyone might get a good chuckle out of this one. I use this example to everyone I argue with over illegal immigration these days because it is the ultimate in "laymen's terms'

Let me put illegal immigration in terms we can all understand...

A lady wrote the best letter in the editorials that I've ever seen in my entire life. It explains things better than all the you hear on TV.

Her point was this:

"Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say: 'No! I like it here. It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house.)

If we listen to the these protesters:
    1. You are required to let me stay in your house
    2. You are required to feed me
    3. You are required to add me to your family's insurance plan
    4. You are required to educate my kids
    5. You are required to provide other benefits to me and to my family

My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest (except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.
    And what a deal it is for me!!!

I am going live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, and I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so that you can communicate with me."

So tell me... which part about this makes sense?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Nice... I hate the fact that the word Illegal has lost it's meaning.

Illegal Immigrant doesn't hold the same negative word association as Illegal Firearm.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Presidential executive order

The term “Illegal Aliens” will not longer be allowed. Henceforth, they will be referred to as “undocumented Democrats”

It hasn't happend yet, but it's coming....

Back to the same old issue. No one seems to see the real issue. Those lovely bulleted 1-5 items you posted are not a requirement by you or I. They are FORCED on you and I by a ROBBING PILLAGING STEALING GOVERNMENT. There would be nothing wrong with "illegal" immigration if the government you and I support were not STEALING from us to give to everyone else. That's your real issue. Not immigration.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

It is my understanding that the current regime in Washington is doing all that they can to fix this problem by declaring that anyone here over 24 hours is now a citizen. Democrats seem to have solved that problem to the satisfaction of all new ex aliens and now citizens.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    It is my understanding that the current regime in Washington is doing all that they can to fix this problem by declaring that anyone here over 24 hours is now a citizen. Democrats seem to have solved that problem to the satisfaction of all new ex aliens and now citizens.
    Our lot of criminals have just admitted they let in any one who wanted too, to change the UK forever and to irritate the right!!!
    You cannot make this stuff up...Really
    Daily Express | Columnists :: Labour's biggest lie of all is about mass immigration
    Just in case you are confused labour = democrats

Betcha your village idiot does excatly the same as our criminals!!!

Tint Bob (UK)

GDM320,
    Great letter from the lady. Thanks for sharing.

Tint Bob,
    I feel for you big time. Many things seem to headed in a downward spiral in your country. I fear we are following.

Get outta' my house, NOW!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here's my best guess as to why they haven't stopped the illegal immigration. Think about it!

YouTube - Muslim Demographics

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Back to the same old issue. No one seems to see the real issue. Those lovely bulleted 1-5 items you posted are not a requirement by you or I. They are FORCED on you and I by a ROBBING PILLAGING STEALING GOVERNMENT. There would be nothing wrong with "illegal" immigration if the government you and I support were not STEALING from us to give to everyone else. That's your real issue. Not immigration.
    I agree with you that our overgrown tyrannical federal government is stealing and pillaging from the people. But 'illegal immigration' is a 'real issue', is a real problem and needs to be stopped. It has nothing to do with whether the federal government has been stealing from us and infringing our our rights with new laws and regulations on a daily basis. It has to do with congress and the feds not enforcing the immigration laws that are on the books.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quit giving them jobs and they won't come here. Go after the employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Quit giving them jobs and they won't come here. Go after the employers.
    Can't, the big business employers are Republican. Think about that one for a bit. Cheap labor is good for business. And republicans are know for that free market thing right?

FWIW, I'm registered independent, consider myself pretty conservative, and get the sneaking suspicion I'm getting squeezed by both sides, if you know what I mean. They all have skin in the game, and their all crocked. Question is which side is less crocked I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    I agree with you that our overgrown tyrannical federal government is stealing and pillaging from the people. But 'illegal immigration' is a 'real issue', is a real problem and needs to be stopped. It has nothing to do with whether the federal government has been stealing from us and infringing our our rights with new laws and regulations on a daily basis. It has to do with congress and the feds not enforcing the immigration laws that are on the books.

Yeah actually it does. COMPLETELY. You wouldn't have such a severe "illegal" immigration problem if they weren't being given a free ride by the feds.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Yeah actually it does. COMPLETELY. You wouldn't have such a severe "illegal" immigration problem if they weren't being given a free ride by the feds.
    In the UK now, if you employ somebody and you dont do the paperwork correctly, you face a fine of upto £10000 GBP ($15000)

Our Attorney General did just that and got fined £5000

BREAKING NEWS: Baroness Scotland's former housekeeper arrested | Mail Online

I think that might work with your wetbacks!!

Links